2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

On Saturday, i remove the front lower bumper, and the filter resonator box. And left that way. Today i went there, and i was unable to start my car. The battery was showing 7 volts. Is it possible something to use my electricity?

In the summer i kept the car in my garage for 3 months, and there was no problem with the battery. Someone are saying that the cold weather, can damage the batt. These last two weeks we had winter about -20c.

Is that the problem or something else?

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did the same thing, it was running almost 30min, 2 days ago, and then i just left it like that. Today i went there, the battery was dead. it was showing 4volts. Is it possible to be the problem that my front bumper is removed, together with the fog lights?

I`ve noticed that if i lock the car, with open hood, the car looks, but the flashers are not flashing. when i close the hood, the flashers are on.

So probably there is some sensor on the front bumper, that keeps the alarm on alll the time??? i think???

·
Registered
502 Posts
I did the same thing, it was running almost 30min, 2 days ago, and then i just left it like that. Today i went there, the battery was dead. it was showing 4volts. Is it possible to be the problem that my front bumper is removed, together with the fog lights?

I`ve noticed that if i lock the car, with open hood, the car looks, but the flashers are not flashing. when i close the hood, the flashers are on.

So probably there is some sensor on the front bumper, that keeps the alarm on alll the time??? i think???
Your ECU's do not go to sleep mode if the engine hood is kept open. That's why your battery is drained in such cold weather. That's why for checking a battery's dark current you have to disconnect the hood sensor, and wait a fixed time before measuring to get the ECU's in sleep mode.
It has got nothing to do with fog lights.

edit: but 4V means some cells in the battery are dead?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.