2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Looking to purchase a civic ex gt soon and have ready various things regarding oil usage. Predominantly from 2012. Is it's just the 12 plate models or the 62 onwards effected aswell?
What are they like to live with? Any problems with manual boxes etc?

Appreciate any and all input and advice.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? Sorry for being impatient. The car I'm keen on is within my price and milage range . So need to act fast.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi
Thanks for the reply
Yeah I've done a fair bit of research
I was just trying to gage weather it was year specific regarding those that have had oil consumption issues. And if the issue is wide spread.
The 1.8 is a solid and reliable all rounder on the Honda range.

Gearboxes aren't typically an issue on this model either, unlike the Type R's.

Have you done any research yourself?

·
Registered
55 Posts
You’ll find most of the of oil consumption complaints were on the 2012 models although not all of them use as much as others and some don’t even need a top up between services, it’s a case of pot luck really.
I’ve had no gearbox issues with mine it’s still silky smooth and on the whole it’s been a good reliable car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the input. It's appreciated
You’ll find most of the of oil consumption complaints were on the 2012 models although not all of them use as much as others and some don’t even need a top up between services, it’s a case of pot luck really.
I’ve had no gearbox issues with mine it’s still silky smooth and on the whole it’s been a good reliable car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts