2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife picked up her Civic EX yesterday, and I have a question:

The cars original manual was not with the car, so the dealership supplied a new one as replacement.

In it, it gives instructions for pairing your phone up - done this with no problems.

We also stored numbers in the directory using the voice commands with no problem (maximum of 50 I believe).

However it also tells you to go into the "mobile phonebook" on the Sat Nav, to enable you to store thousands of names / numbers in the directory, and automatically import the numbers from your mobile.

The instructions for doing this in the manual are either via the relative menu on the Sat Nav Screen, or via the voice command "MOBILE PHONEBOOK".

There is no such menu on the Sat Nav system (as far as I can see), and the voice command phrase "MOBILE PHONEBOOK" is not recognised.

I am either being very dim and can't find a menu that must be staring me in the face, or the manual is a post 2009 one, and the car (2006) does not actually have this option.

Any assistance ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I know you can add phone numbers to favourite places on the sat nav, and don't think you can do that via voice, nor import from mobile. I've got a 2007 car so will have the same setup.

It'd not be that great a system to have to scan through all your favourite places to find the number you want either :) I've got around 30 entries in there atm and even with categories it can be difficult. I'd stick with the 50 voice command phone book entries

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I am aware you can save numbers in the address field of your Sat Nav, but the manual also suggests you have a specific mobile phonebook.

It even shows a screenshot of the menu in the manual, and its a menu I cannot find anywhere.

I am thinking it must be a post 2009 feature.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
never heard of this option, why dont you ask the dealer to show you..?as i would like to know aswell :popcorn2:

·
Registered
204 Posts
In pre-facelift models, you can add 50 numbers to your HFT one by one, which is a very annoying procedure and should be done with a running engine to prevent a flat battery.
But the nav´s phone book and the according option to synchronise it with your cell phone is only available for facelift models, unfortunately.

Btw. this can´t be solved with any software update, because it´s a matter of the hardware fitted.

·
Peanut butter and Jelly
327 Posts
In pre-facelift models, you can add 50 numbers to your HFT one by one, which is a very annoying procedure and should be done with a running engine to prevent a flat battery.
But the nav´s phone book and the according option to synchronise it with your cell phone is only available for facelift models, unfortunately.

Btw. this can´t be solved with any software update, because it´s a matter of the hardware fitted.
+1
yup it's a pain but the only way around it is to replace the hardware which at last count I was quoted £1200!!! (also have a pre facelift 57 plate)

having your addy book imported is handy but it's not 1200 quids worth of handy :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Well, that´s Honda and their accessory prices:
A neverending horror movie!

Did you know they charge costumers for 400€ for a simple pair of mouldings like these (the red ones below the doors, made of plastic). This doesn´t include the one on the front bumper and not the rear spoiler.
That´s absolutely sick, isn´t it?

(Thats not my car... ;) )

·
Registered
453 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts