2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I've ordered some 30mm H&R-springs to lower my car and I have a couple of dumb questions:

Do I have to get camber adjustment bolts and shims? Can I use Eibach's camber adjustment kit if I have H&R-springs? Can the wheels be properly aligned without the adjustment kit and shims? Also; where can I buy all of this from?

·
Premium Member
20,381 Posts
Hi guys, I've ordered some 30mm H&R-springs to lower my car and I have a couple of dumb questions:

Do I have to get camber adjustment bolts and shims? Can I use Eibach's camber adjustment kit if I have H&R-springs? Can the wheels be properly aligned without the adjustment kit and shims? Also; where can I buy all of this from?
No. Yes. Yes. Abp motorsport. Thats 4 btw ;)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot for the quick response guys :D If you don't need the camber adjustment kit to align the wheels properly, why do a lot of people still get them?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Thanks a lot for the quick response guys :D If you don't need the camber adjustment kit to align the wheels properly, why do a lot of people still get them?
If you want to adjust the camber, you need the camber adjustment bolts and shims. However this isn't a requirement of lowering - just like you don't need to lower if you want the camber adjusting - they are separate items.

As such some people go for the lowering and don't bother adjusting the alignment.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah I see, I thought that adjusting the camber was a part of normal wheel alignment. Is there much difference handlingwise if you get the camber adjusted or not?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Ah I see, I thought that adjusting the camber was a part of normal wheel alignment. Is there much difference handlingwise if you get the camber adjusted or not?
It's a bit of a tricky question to answer - mainly due to the wide range that comes out of the Honda factory! Some have found there to be a significant change whilst others not so much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts