2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
On the EX version there is certainly a 'random' selection as well as a host of other functions.

I accidentally activated the 'repeat' function once whilst on the motorway and suffered the same track over and over until I could pull over and cancel it :oops:

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Shuffle disc : Yes,
Repeat disc/track : Yes,
Shuffle folder : not experienced up to now, because i did'nt make folders :oops:

·
Registered
105 Posts
You can choose Folder Random or Track Random.

The former just selects from the current folder, the latter selects from the whole disc.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Just a little off topic here but does the HU play i-Tunes Files (AAC - I think)? Or am I going to have to convert my massive library into MP3?

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
You can choose Folder Random or Track Random.

The former just selects from the current folder, the latter selects from the whole disc.
Thanks, that's exactly the information I was looking for! :)

Phantom: I doubt very much it will play ACC files, it would be the first car mp3 CD player I've encountered that does that. I might of course be wrong. ;-)

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Just a little off topic here but does the HU play i-Tunes Files (AAC - I think)? Or am I going to have to convert my massive library into MP3?
Sadly not. I tried .m4a (AAC) and .ogg files along with MP3 and WMA. Only the MP3 and WMA files were recognised.

For test purposes, I converted a few albums I have from 128kbps AAC to 128kpbs MP3, to see if reripping would be worth the effort over transcoding. On headphones some of the transcoded tracks sounded terrible, but in the car, they sound OK to me.

I understand some Kenwood HUs can play AAC files from a CD.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts