2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I just registered.

I have a great interest in installing a mp3 solution on my civic, what's the easiest and cheap option?

My car have this installed from the previous owner:

Looks like done sort of Bluetooth accessory but I could never find it.

Would it be easier to instal an aux port by reusing the connection for this device?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine doesn't have USB or aux in the centre console, it's not an EX.

Shrek is right, I wanted a better solution where I could just plug my USB drive or android phone and use it from there.

I searched for xcarlink and it seems exactly what I'm looking for, but I don't have good DIY skills, how much would an expert charge to instal it for me?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
I got a quote for £60ish. In end my daughters b/f did it he isnt a mechanic but is a good learner and is in to cars, took around 2 1/2 hours (with guide on here) mainly because we were careful and made a mistake of tying xcarlink cable to other cable and couldn't fit the unit back in

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/41667-how-install-xcarlink-2008-civic-ex.html

They were giving a discount but I think it run out try emailing them and ask for another code and if they do it can be posted on here for others thats what I did

·
iVTEC, do you?
428 Posts
Can I just correct an assumption.

Only 09> models and later have the USB socket.

I have a 07 EX and unfortunately there is no inputs as standard. You need a connects2 or denison box for ipod integration, but as pointed out above, the CD player will play MP3 and WMA files (DRM free of course)

·
Registered
9 Posts
In case you are not aware, in your photo, it shows a thb bury car phone kit without a cradle. To use the kit you will need to purchase a cradle that is suitable for the phone that you are currently using. They are usually around £60 mark

I have a 2008 Honda Civic 2.2 type 6 and when I bought it I had to purchase an Ipod kit which I think was around £160 at the time. There might be better options available now though :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thb bury carphone kit

In case you are not aware, in your photo, it shows a thb bury car phone kit without a cradle. To use the kit you will need to purchase a cradle that is suitable for the phone that you are currently using. They are usually around £60 mark.

I have a 2008 Honda Civic 2.2 type 6 and when I bought it I had to purchase an Ipod kit which I think was around £160 at the time. There might be better options available now though :)

·
Supporter
289 Posts
fitted my xcarlink in under 30mins

managed to squeeze big hands under dash to plug into radio without taking it out

sliced back of hand doing it, but it was worth it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks guys, and ouch, you did it the hard way Niel. I installed the old fashion kit by removing everything but I did actually enjoy it all be it my boss would have had kittens if he had seen me pulling apart my brand new car. However I am tempted to pull it apart again this week in view of selling it on so will be taking reciept of my brand new Honda Civic in the next few weeks. But if there is a more up to date iPod kit on the market, then my kit might not be worth removing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.