2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have been asked before, but I can't find where.

to the left of the steering wheel (in a RHD), there is what looks like a grate. Near to the mouldings you open to remove the stereo. Just above where that screw is.

What is here?

I need a new home for the hands free mic (aftermarket stereo). Its currently on the drivers visor, and the sound quality is rubbish.
So i'm thinking of moving it here. Out of view too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah. I won't put anything there then.
IS there any good places to put the mic? somewhere out of view. I was thinking the blanking plate above the temp sensor too. The one that looks like it should be a push start button, but don't know where to buy a spare to modify.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Depending on the size and shape of the mic, you could stick it to the circular blanking plate where the keyless ignition button would be on the top spec cars (to the side of the steering wheel, not far from that climate control vent).

My CRZ had a similar circular blanking plate around that area of the dash and it was ideal to blu-tac the mic onto and it picked up my voice perfectly - although the steering wheel slightly obscures it, it would still be in front of you and not far from your head or voice projection and easy to reach for pushing any buttons on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts