2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the slave cylinder on my civic 2.2d concentric? Garage saying that if its concentric then it's too big a job for them to take on.

Any ideas???

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Concentric slave cylinder means internal of the gearbox bell housing

In a nutshell if the slave cylinder is external of the gearbox then its easier to replace and it operates via a clutch fork

A concentric slave cylinder works internal of the bell housing so therefore needs a complete gearbox removal

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just came back to the car and found 2 bolts lying in the footwell, no idea where they came from though

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bolts aren't sheared off or anything, when I put the pedal down there is a pin going through a hole and nothing connecting it, here's hoping I'm gonna get off lightly here

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
It's not concentric on the 8th gen. It bolts to the outside of the box on the front side towards the radiator

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah the bolts look perfect, hoping that they just need put in and tightened, that would be a bonus.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When I bought the car from Arnold Clark they changed it because of the squeaky clutch, might be giving them a call

·
more torque than the mrs
6,767 Posts
When I bought the car from Arnold Clark they changed it because of the squeaky clutch, might be giving them a call
if it is the master cylinder bolts then i would tell them ,just say the master cylinder bolts have popped out and you guys fitted the cylinder..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts