2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

I picked up my type r on Tuesday, everything great and im in love with the car...

Although one thing that I find abit strange is when I dont have my lights on, the dash where the rev counter is (the big circular dial) is nicely illumated but when I put my lights on, at night for instance, the big circular dial seems to go dull n doesnt look as good.

Can this be changed so its always illumated like when no lights are on?

I would of thought if anything it would only be illuminated when it is actually dark...

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Yes, there is a dial on the left of the steering wheel that varies the dash illumination

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
And it stores a setting for lights on and lights off. Glad you're enjoying it!

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
All I can say is..... :rtm2:

Thing is, when you pick her up, reading is the last thing on your mind :rolleyes: Enjoy your new motor robboman.

Oh, all joking aside, it's probably a good idea to read the manual at some point however boring it might be. Stuff like checking the oil has thrown some people (I assume this is the same for your CTR as it is my oil-burner) where it should be from a warm engine (left from hot for 3 mins, then check) otherwise you'll get inaccurate readings. My old car was always supposed to be read from a cold engine.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks again, I sat down to read the manual, but got board and decided to go out v'teching! lol

·
Keep On Vtec'ing!
553 Posts
Sorry for the thread revival but i have just had this exact issue!

Good ol' civinfo with the answers :cool: :thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy S2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts