2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm supposed to have the top of the range sound system with the extra amplifier, but to me the sound seems very quiet. Is there an easy way to check that I have the amp installed and if so, turn the gain up?
cheers

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Quickest and easiest is to look inside your glove box. If it's not in there it has been installed inside the dash.
Propably should take it to a dealer if that is the case.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the only thing in the glovebox is the gps/dvd box. I assume the amplifier is somewhere behind the dash?

I like the sound of the unit, just want more volume sometimes.

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Is it worth buying if all I'm used to listening to are standard setups?

Is it worth £400?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
How much are the coax upgrades? I have the standars setup for an ES and it seems Ok- not great, but better than some. What difference does the upgrade make?

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Bungle said:
How much are the coax upgrades? I have the standars setup for an ES and it seems Ok- not great, but better than some. What difference does the upgrade make?
My '99 206 had really good sound from stock speakers; that's the only thing I miss about it, but I do miss it!

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
Bungle said:
Tonnes of difference, the standard speakers probably cost about £1 each to make.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
basegreen said:
Bungle said:
Tonnes of difference, the standard speakers probably cost about £1 each to make.
How much are the coax upgrades? Do we know? Do they replace the tweeters too? So would they put tweeters in an SE? Would you go for that or still the infinities?

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
steveking1000 said:
I understood the bassworks includes everything (coax speakers, amplifier, little silver rings round the speakers) ?
No, that's the Concert pack.

Although in the last revision, the concert pack is Dual Cone + Bassworks + Tweeters

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
StGeli said:
Co-ax are £220 per pair fitted.

Dual cone are something like £170 per pair I think.
£220 per pair? So to get front and back replaced, that'll cost £440? Maybe I'll put up with the standard ones for the time being! I'm considering taking it to a car audio place and get them to upgrade the speakers, but am nervous about warrantees and I never know how myuch care these places take when removing door trims and with the cars in general.

I have heard bad things about the bass system here, so I will want to give that a miss I think.

I apologise, I know the thread has been moved slightly off topic now...

·
Registered
251 Posts
basegreen said:
If you fancy the manual upgrade, go for the infinites.
Your message gave me the impression the Infinities are the easiest option for manual installation? I'm going to have new speakers installed by pros at a shop. So I began to wonder, are there speakers that sound even better than Infinity 6510CS and work well with the Civic's own factory installed amp? What options do I have, any recommendations?

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
There are many speakers better than the 6510s, but I chose them because they are the correct impedence and are pretty sensitive. Better speakers tend to be a low impedence, with a lower sensitivity, and as such are designed for use with a proper amp. The 6510s are just a good value/sensitivity/quality compromise.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts