2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New Civic in our household. Very pleased with it.

Wife is not. She is moaning that the rear-windscreen does not clear quickly on a cold morning. This would not be such an issue if there was a rear-wiper.

What is the quickest trick to clear the rear-window? Air-con on 'high' with fans on full and heated windscreen button on?

·
Aye Aye....
7,101 Posts
Hi all,

New Civic in our household. Very pleased with it.

Wife is not. She is moaning that the rear-windscreen does not clear quickly on a cold morning. This would not be such an issue if there was a rear-wiper.

What is the quickest trick to clear the rear-window? Air-con on 'high' with fans on full and heated windscreen button on?
i left a post on your other thread mate...the windows do take a while to clear best thing to do is to get some fogX (same guys that make rainX) it only costs bout £8-10 from halfords and works great means u get hardly any fog inside and just take 2 secs to clear

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i left a post on your other thread mate...the windows do take a while to clear best thing to do is to get some fogX (same guys that make rainX) it only costs bout £8-10 from halfords and works great means u get hardly any fog inside and just take 2 secs to clear
Yeah, cheers. Just thought I would put the question in the appropriate forum section.

Thanks for the tip.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
how would a rear wiper remove fog from the inside - I think the OP was talking about the outside

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how would a rear wiper remove fog from the inside - I think the OP was talking about the outside
Sorry, yes, let me clarify.

The issue appears to be mostly with condensation. Me being a patient soul, would happily wipe the condensation off each morning with an ice scraper etc.

However, the wife has a point when she says I should not have to do this on a £10k car. Basically, can't see **** out the back in the morning.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
I never have 'fogging' problems - I always have the Aircon on (select "Floor and Defrost" settings first thing) and rear windscreen heater on in the morning ...

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Sorry, yes, let me clarify.

The issue appears to be mostly with condensation. Me being a patient soul, would happily wipe the condensation off each morning with an ice scraper etc.

However, the wife has a point when she says I should not have to do this on a £10k car. Basically, can't see **** out the back in the morning.
so fogX will not help then as this goes on the inside :rolleyes:

·
9,228 Posts
....... she says I should not have to do this on a £10k car. Basically, can't see **** out the back in the morning.
??? what has that to do with the choice of car or the price paid ??? ...

If you park outside, you'll get ice \ condensation on the rear windsreen of any car - but - is your rear windscreen heater actually working ? - and note that it doesn't cover the area under the 'spoiler' at all (or the upper few inches where the radio antenna is) ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
??? what has that to do with the choice of car or the price paid ??? ...
The fact that other cars in the same price-range / sector do have rear-wipers which would instantly clear condensation?[/quote]

. Derek Riddell;527059]
If you park outside, you'll get ice \ condensation on the rear windsreen of any car - but - is your rear windscreen heater actually working ? - and note that it doesn't cover the area under the 'spoiler' at all (or the upper few inches where the radio antenna is) ...
Hmm, will check if it works....

·
9,228 Posts
The fact that other cars in the same price-range / sector do have rear-wipers which would instantly clear condensation?
Well - I can't think of a single saloon that has rear wipers ! ...

Also, I keep one of these 'rubber scrapers' and a de-icing spray, in the back of the car, in the winter ...

Hmm, will check if it works....
Some people have reported faulty rear window heaters ...

Are Air-con settings unique to the EX model? I have the ES.
Good point - I just use the voice-activated controls - "Climate Control, Defrost" works every time ...

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
No way thats amazing for a Civic, Expensive £37k cars dont let you do that

Good point - I just use the voice-activated controls - "Climate Control, Defrost" works every time ...[/quote]

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
all you need to do is wait for a month then you will just be used to not being able to see out the rear within the first 10 mins. i just clear condensation with a high speed blast!

·
Registered
720 Posts
In the last few mornings (a bit colder, about zero degrees Celsius) I have noticed that only upper bit (above the "spoiler") of the rear window gets foggy, the lower bit is always clear. Is it just my car or did anyone else notice this ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts