2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

it's clearly not a question that gets asked very often as i've not managed to find an answer yet, but i'm looking to replace the exhaust on my FN2, but i don't want a loud exhaust at all.

I want something that's going to give me a shade more throaty-ness than stock, but after watching youtube video and youtube video i can't find one that i like the sound of - even the Milltek Non-Res which people say is quiet is a touch to loud for what i want.

Does anyone have the Resonated version? Or a video of it?

Is that my only option?

With the resonated version, am i going to see any power gains alongside a flashpro and filter, or does the fact that they have the resonator in restrict power gains?

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Hi guys,

it's clearly not a question that gets asked very often as i've not managed to find an answer yet, but i'm looking to replace the exhaust on my FN2, but i don't want a loud exhaust at all.

I want something that's going to give me a shade more throaty-ness than stock, but after watching youtube video and youtube video i can't find one that i like the sound of - even the Milltek Non-Res which people say is quiet is a touch to loud for what i want.

Does anyone have the Resonated version? Or a video of it?

Is that my only option?

With the resonated version, am i going to see any power gains alongside a flashpro and filter, or does the fact that they have the resonator in restrict power gains?
The milltek resonated will be very quiet with OEM manifold, it might be just what you're looking for. Personally, even with unresonated with OEM mani is too quiet for me. Tegiwa would also be an option for you, a bit less restrictive being single exit. Both milltek systems will provide some performance over standard cat back. Toda is the quietest cat back I know of, but its not really worth the money for something you won't say, and won;t give you any better performance. get a second hand bargain if you're patient

·
Registered
191 Posts
Non-Res Milltek is loud. Especially on low rev range (it gets little bit quiter on higher revs). If you want something quiet stay clear from non-res milltek, or at least have a drive in car with it. I was worrying it will be too quiet after reading opinions like one above, but after fittment i was surprised how loud it is.
But to be fair it is in my opinion just right level of noise if you want to enjoy your car without causing havoc on the streets :) Try to find a forum member near you with milltek and listen to it in real live - i think you gonna like it :)
When i was researching about catback's i was under impression that tegiwa is quieter than milltek, but never heard the tegiwa in real life.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Mugen or toda are quietest 2 ive researched. Mugen very expensive though. Toda used do come up though and not bad in price.

Everything else ive heard is very loud such as tegiwa, miltek etc

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a tegiwa cat back and it's noticeable over stock but by no means loud with an OEM manifold. Very little drone on the motorway and at low revs, but sounds great in Vtec

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Go for an HKS Legamax. They're pretty quiet - I use one with a Tegiwa exhaust manifold and once the car's warm there's little difference to stock on light throttle around town.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, there's a couple in there that i've not come across before so i'll check them out on youtube tonight :)

Having never had a VTEC before i'm not fully up to speed on tuning etc, so just another question... if i was tune it a bit - let's say, throttle body, inlet manifold, and flashpro would the stock exhaust really hold all that back? How restrictive is the stock system?

Just wondering if anyone has done any testing on it?

I'm basically stuck in two places as i want extra power, but don't really want extra noise.

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
It's fairly restrictive. Honda don't seem to have figured out how to do properly rolled bends - most of the curves and bends in the OEM exhaust are crush bent, and there is significant narrowing. Additionally, it has more silencers than required if you ask me - one on the centre pipe, one in the back box, and a tiny one on each tailpipe. Removing all of that results in a much smoother flow.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Toda or hks!! Toda is perfect as its nice and deep but not loud. Hks is very similar to stock unless yr giving it the beans!!

Reactions: TheLegMan

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so where's best to buy the Legamax then?
Seems all i'm finding on Google is the Hi-Power?

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
I've got one and I'm looking to sell it. They are 700 to 900 new I could do you a decent price.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I've heard the hks first hand it's prob the best exhaust if your looking for a quiet exhaust with a little noise I'm sure Duncan on here is selling his the legman ;-)

·
Registered
348 Posts
How much "damage" to airflow and performance would installing an extra silencer do to a single exit exhaust with only one silencer at the back for instance?

Edit* Not to hijack the thread, but to look at options :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 33 Posts