2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

Currently running Bridgestone Potenza s001's on a MK9 Civic Hatch iDtec 1.6 and they are due to be changed.

I'm finding them pretty noisy to live with so just wondering what tyres people are using for comfort / noise ?

Reading good thing about the Michelin Crossclimates :)

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
2,193 Posts
ive read good things about cross climates
also very good reports from a good friend who lives in a remote area and said they all got stuck in snow last year there was 1 guy who had them and ended up towing the others out onto mainb road
ive neary bought them twice once for my 8g and once for my 9g
first time I would have bought them but the offer ran out
and only thing's that stopped me for 9g a couple of weeks ago got really good deal on pilot sport 4's
and ill be honest it was the tread pattern on the cross climates directional tyres and not a fan of wet/winter tread patterns I know its silly and slightly ocd but that's it

·
i-Vtec
2,520 Posts
Tyres always get noisy when they wear down below half tread depth. One stretch of motorway I get really bad droning from the rears. My sister runs CC on her Audi S4, cant fault them.

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,395 Posts
I went with Goodyear Vector 4 seasons. Road noise dropped from my Michelin fuel savers but that does happen due to softer rubber in all season & winter tyres.
You could look on blackcircle website and compare tyre dB levels along with prices. My 4S are XL load because I got a cheaper deal than non XL. I’m happy with ride comfort level but I do have 16’s. I considered the crossclimates but was put off by reviews mentioning about aqua planing problems.
Do your homework and read the reviews and compare costs. Then it’s up to you. But I’m happy with my choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,306 Posts
I use Goodyear Efficient Grip. Reasonably priced, lowest db and seem to last ages. They probably last ages as my inner Boy Racer doesn't get out as often as he would care to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts