2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my renewal email sent through to me from elephant.com which came in at over £800. I wasn't surprised as i've never had a renewal that has been cheaper than my previous year.

First stop was confused.com. Entered all my details and even added two mods that are planned for the coming weeks just to be on the safe side (tinted rear windows and a vinyl Carbon Fiber wrapped bonnet)

Finnshed everything and i coulnd't believe how low it got down. Quoteme happy.com offered my the insurance for £426 [smilie=666.gif] needless to say i snapped the offer up.

FYI

2009 Type R GT
Male 25 with 5 NCB
One additional named Driver (Mum always brings it down a little!!!)
Not a homeowner
Full Comp
£500 Voluntary Excess (I know it's high)

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Funny you should mention Quotemehappy.com, because i was all set to change to them at my renewal early next month.
I done a search using price comparison sites and they gave a very competitive quote including the free inclusive legal cover and only £50 excess. Plus they are currently offering £45 cashback via quidco.
The only thing that has stopped me changing is my present insurers renewal being unexpectedly cheaper than last year.

I could still have got it £27 cheaper from Quotemehappy.com after factoring in the quidco cashback, but that would have meant a wait of up to 5 months, so i have decided just to stay where i am.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
quoteme happy is run by AVIVA I think they must have realised they were losing business by not being on comparison sites

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
quoteme happy is run by AVIVA I think they must have realised they were losing business by not being on comparison sites
Once again....its funny you should say that, because 2 or 3 years ago i was getting a quote from a company whose latest publicised tagline was "quote me happy"(believe it was Aviva), and their quote was much more expensive than my renewal, to which i replied - well that quote didnt make me happy. :laugh:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Cheapest for me too on every comparison site. The best quote was compare the Market.

2009 type r gt
quote price: £513.13
28 year old
3 years no claims discount
Clean driving licence
10 years driving experience
Fully comp
£500 voluntary excess

1 - 5 of 5 Posts