2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 478 Posts

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got someone genuinely interested to work with us on the testing of a few bits for the R18 and see if we could remap them ok and make and improvements on the general performance and then look at possible upgrading options.

Actually been having several of them in recently for servicing, suspension work and the lines but was able to spend the day on Ashleys lovely example doing some tests then installing the US R18 ECU, recoding it and doing a base tune.

We had no check lights after swapping to the US ecu and remapping with flashpro but you loose cruise control as there isn't provision for the 6 speed box on the Euro cars, you loose the reverse lockout as well but that's something we can easily get around and I have a strange thing happening at 6000rpm on full throttle where the throttle plate starts to close.

Needs some more work but it's looking promising.
Whether owners would be willing to pay about £1000 for an ecu, Flashpro and remap I doubt but for me we know we can get the cars up and running with a mappable solution so if someone wants to do a project build we know we can do it

Next step is adding a little boost. :cool:

Update.

Things have progressed quite a long way and today for the first time we were able to put it on the dyno with a fresh Turbo build. :)

Enjoy.

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Nice one guys :)

Would this ECU work with an FI conversion?

EDIT: Just seen the last line of your post..

EDIT2: Is there any scope for a decent increase with cams?

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah we hit 160 with just a remap and good exhaust so decatting and possible cam change would certainly help.
Don't think of the motors in the same way as the K20 as its designed more for economy with performance.

Dead easy to turbo though..... just like the latest generation motors they are using and bringing out :)

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Yeah we hit 160 with just a remap and good exhaust
Wow that's impressive. It makes that £1000 seem pretty justifiable IMO. A before and after dyno graph would be interesting if you get a sec. Just out of curiosity really, but I know you're very busy. It'd be nice to see where the gains are.

·
Obsessive Modder
2,283 Posts
Thanks for making a thread guys, the next few months could be very interesting. I may be looking to purchase the heart of the turbo kit tonight guys ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Premium Member
18,693 Posts
Great job!

·
Premium Member
18,693 Posts
Well the cost is not high if you consider that you are ready to go for the next step: FI

;)

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well Flashpro and map is £899. Rest is whatever cost it is to get the right ecu from America so depends on that really.
I can recode them in house now which is handy as the dealers struggled with it with their new HDS system

·
Obsessive Modder
2,283 Posts
The heart of the kit has now been ordered... Get ready for some real updates 😊

·
Obsessive Modder
2,283 Posts
I believe it is the only way mark :( cruise control work over 62mph though, so not lost completely

·
Premium Member
18,693 Posts
Would you have to go done the ecu/flashpro route to turbo as I wouldn't like to lose cruise control.
I've tried the solution with a parallel ecu but If you are going for FI the us ecu & hondata is the only way to have really good results.

·
Premium Member
18,693 Posts
The heart of the kit has now been ordered... Get ready for some real updates ��

Go for it! You are gonna love it!

1 - 20 of 478 Posts