2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
1.5 Sport Plus CVT
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was some slight sleet today on my journey to work and the orange radar warning light came on to say its not scanning properly (i think its used for collision mitigation). I stopped the car (engine off) and gave the sensor area on the windscreen a wipe with my hand. Got back in continued on my journey and all was well.

Can anyone confirm if the radar sensor is in fact on the windscreen and has this happened to anyone else.

·
4,242 Posts
From my readings, the rear ones are used for 'Cross Traffic Warning' and 'Blind Spot' detection and the front for 'Collision Mitigation Braking' and 'Pedestrian' detection and braking (in conjunction with the windscreen mounted camera) as I understand it. (possibly wrongly though)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Well mine had a similar moment a few days ago. That was after my first bout of spirited driving, within the speed limit, on a twisty B road. The car handles like a champ, the agile handling assist makes a world of difference. ACC and LKAS were not engaged, I certainly didn't want it steering for me or maintaining my speed. Once I was done, and on a straight bit of road I turned on ACC, normal set speed, the second I pressed the LKAS button that's when the dash lit up.The ACC and LKAS (letters top right) went from green to amber, and it had in the center information area CHECK: ACC alternating with the road departure mitigation and CMBS all in amber. Without the clear windscreen, or the high temp icons. Even the brake icon with the exclamation mark in amber (bottom right corner of display) came on. The drive wasn't very long, and there certainly weren't any screeching tires or heavy braking. I certainly didn't bump or hit anything. Heck didn't even hit a pothole!

Found a safe spot, parked to the side, turned off the car and got out to check for leaves dirt, anything that would tell me why it all went tits up suddenly. Nothing. Got in, turned the car on, no warning, all systems now functioning normally. The car had an electronic fit. Has been behaving normally ever since.

One last bit of information that may or may not be relevant, the radar cover was not properly clipped in when I received the car. There are retaining tabs and open grooves on the top and bottom, but more importantly three tabs that go into slots on the sides. Two on one side, one on the other. Whoever installed in at the factory, managed to get the single tab in on one side and then just jammed the two on the opposite side outside the slots. So there was a gap that was visible on the two tab side. Was easy enough to get all the tabs in their proper place, no fuss or visible scratching or damage to the cover. But that was a few weeks back.

These mobile computers we're passing off as cars these days are frustrating at times, enjoyable at others :wink3:

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,395 Posts
According to my manual collision warning is scanned from windscreen by rear view mirror. Flicking through manual last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
368 Posts
That's the 9G system for cmbs. For the 10Gs it combines both radar detection and the front camera. Page 578 of the Pdf manual for the 2017 hatchback.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Any solutions?

This thread doesn't seem to come to a conclusion about this issue...

I just had it - for the first time - while travelling along the M5 on cruise control. We were in the section of roadworks, where one lane is split off on to the other carriageway - thus limiting your speed to the vehicle in front :frown2: (I'm not sure exactly where this is, but it goes on for many miles).

The car had LKAS and ACC engaged; the latter set to (indicated) 56, but we were doing a steady (indicated) 52, because of the BMW, 1.1 seconds up the road. Suddenly the RADAR warning light came on and the ACC dropped out. There were a host of other amber lights lit as well, but short of digging out my reading glasses, there was no way of telling what they meant. (I wonder if Honda realise they could communicate with the driver using either 'voice', or the large LCD panel in the middle of the dash? :wink3: )

Anyway, some time later (5 mins?), the fault cleared itself and I could re-engage ACC. It hasn't happened again (so far).

This episode made me wonder how they would have cleared the motorway, if I'd come to a halt on a single carriageway, with concrete bollards either side of me. I might have made the 9 o'clock news :laugh2:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts