2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I've been reading lots of threads about radiator fans problems, but could't find a one like mine. So here's my symptoms. When the weather gets colder my radiator fan start to kick in at high speed more often and it's not related to the engine temps, because it does it even when the car is cold (2-3 minutes after it's started). If i drive several minutes like that (15-20), the fan stops and everything is normal. My DPF is removed and mapped out, so it shouldn't be the regeneration process ( does it when the car is cold). Can this be from ECT2 but without an error code come in (I've got it checked, no errors)
I'm still in observation, but I think it does it more often after I wash my, car or the weather is rainy. But only when it's cold. For the whole summer I can't detect it so often ( maybe 2-3 times ), as for when the weather gets colder, it's like that every 2-3 days. I have checked ECT2 plug after a wash, or after a drive in rainy weather and it seems dry, not even a drop in it.

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
if your aircon is on it will make the fans kick in warm or cold

make sure your aircon is off and see if it's still doing the same

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot to mention this. The thing is, when this happening, when I switch on the a/c the fan stops (or it goes to low speed probably), if I switch it off the rad fans kick again. I did read somewhere here that this can be normal due to cold weather, taht way with fans on the load on the engine will make it warm up faster. Can that be the case?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've checked it. But I think my problem is either ECT 2 (no errors in ecu tho), or still some regeneration commands left after the DPF was mapped out. I did get the car to my mapper, with that problem, he checked and according to him, it's not from the map. Am I the only one with this weird behavior of the fans?

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah that's the thing, tho I did bumped into posts with similar symptoms, but no further info. Basically in regen process the fans kick in in max speed, to cool off the engine, because of the higher fuel volume sprayed. But the regen itself starts when the car is already warmed up... Mine in the other hand starts it from cold and 10-15 minutes later, after a non urban drive it stops...

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts