2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I hope you can help about a month ago my really annoying 2yr old decided to post some coins through my CD player slot!!!! obviously the CD player stopped working and said error. on the drive home whilst trying to listen to radio the speakers started making the most horrendous noise even when radio was turned off!. When i got home my husband gave it a small bang with his hand and magically it started working again :wink3::wink3:
However as always this was not the end of the story yesterday the crackling noise started again from speakers every time i went over a bump, so he gave it another bang and the whole thing cuts out including radio visuals above, the central locking also stopped working. After reading a few threads I found out i needed to check 15amp fuse under bonnet, I did this and it had blown so i replaced with spare and perfect all working again. Today however it happened again and everything went off now when i try to replace fuse it sparks!!! Im guessing something is going on inside CD player but I have no idea what Im planning on taking CD player out to have a look but has anyone experienced this before? or has a amazing fix that saves me having to rip car apart. Thanks for your help

·
Administrator
17,940 Posts
Jeepers, the lickle rascal.

It sounds like the CD player needs to come out so you can retrieve the coins. Quickly too, do it doesn't cause anymore damage. Tho the fuses should prevent a terminal short.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Lol, I found my kids posting poo from their nappies out the post hole in our front door once, your lucky it was just coins!

Take a look at this link from youtube;

That shows how to get the radio out, you will then have to use trial and error to actually get the cd part off and apart to get the coins out. Let us know how you get on. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Think I'd rather plant an apple seed and wait for the tree to grow - that's definitely out of my league!!

Good luck.

Al.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts