2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, just a quick question. I am going to fit the interior footlighting kit this weekend, in the instructions it says to disconnect the negative terminal from the battery before fitting and that you should record your anti-theft code for the radio before doing this. I have the standard fitted radio/cd player for the 2012 Civic, is there a code for this model? I though it was only after-market radios that had this code as an anti-theft measure and that fitted radio units like mine didn't because thiere is a very low chance of them being stolen. Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
You definitely need the code-even for the integrated units. If the code is nowhere to be found the dealer can provide it to you.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
No, it will prompt for the code the first time the power is restored.
The code is entered via the preset buttons 1-6. My dealer threw out the sticker that was meant to be stuck in the owners manual folder. Fortunately, the code was written on the pre-delivery checklist.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Recently had to install the footwell lighting kit and disconnect the battery. On powerup, the radio didn't ask for the code this time, but said something like hold down the power button. Read somewhere that as long as the radio is matched to the car (probably ECU), then it won't ask for the code.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts