2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but after the battery is dis-connected will I need to enter a key code to allow it to work again?

Reason I ask is that i'm used to Ford coded radios and I don't have an owners manual for the civic to double check.

Cheers in advance.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,267 Posts
I'm pretty sure even if you needed a code if you called Honda they could help. I know when I had a Rover 400 (Don't extract the Urine) I disconnected and didn't have the radio code, they helped out. Which leads to the question, what is the worst car you've ever owned? you know mine :smile3:

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
iv'e had a few bangers in my time :(

can't make up my mind which was the worst it's a toss up between a reliant robin , reliant regal or the daf 55
they all were truly awful cars

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,267 Posts
Had a Datsun 120Y back in the day, was that rotten I was driving one day and the handling went a bit Pete Tong and on inspection the cross member that held the Engine in had snapped on one side :surprise: Engines were good though.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've only had a licence for 3 years so not really had enough time to buy a proper snotter, started with my mums Focus then bought my previous car, a mountune'd Fiesta ST, that had to make way for the civic as the fuel bill was getting silly, especially considering it wasn't a massively quick car.

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Nerd fact of the week. The Daf55 was the first car to have a CVT gearbox. :nerd:
they were just as fast in reverse as they were going forward and if them belts went out of sync ( which they did ) it would shake your teeth out above 30 mph

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
Wern't they air cooled as well ?

Friend went off on his honeymoon back in the early 70's. Confetti got stuck down some vent and the end result was a piston coming through the cylinder head.

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
to be honest i'm not sure it was over 30 years ago when i owned it but i think it was the 4 cylinder water cooled variant
if i remember rightly there was also a volvo badged 66 version of it at the time

1 - 16 of 16 Posts