2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed my radio in car crackles on several stations recently and i wondered if anyone had similar experience with their civic and might know what the cause would be?
it started briefly last month after i had a full service and i don't know if that's coincidental.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Yep, mines the same, also seems to cut out for half a second every now and then too; but only does that every 1 in 3 journeys I'd say...

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,310 Posts
I've noticed my radio in car crackles on several stations recently and i wondered if anyone had similar experience with their civic and might know what the cause would be?
it started briefly last month after i had a full service and i don't know if that's coincidental.
Have you recently fitted a Dashcam?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no dashcam but was about to get one a few weeks ago but decided against it as i wanted to do some research on them.

is it possible the back windows carry the antenna to the stereo system/radio and they could be damaged if abrasive chemicals used to clean the glass? I dropped it off for car valet and it seemed to coincide.

i also get a static show on my door after i've driven 10minutes or so, wonder if anyone has experienced that too on theirs.

The radio crackles abit on all stations which is quite frustrating...

·
Super Moderator
21,008 Posts
Inspect the rear glass carefully as the aerial is indeed a few of what look like heating elements on the 8G.

Not sure offhand which ones they are.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i'll have a look to see if i can see it and check if any damage is on them.
not sure how i'd know but will post my findings.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
had a look and it all looks ok on rear glass screen, the metal wiring appears intact and not disturbed.
So strange. Could it be to do with car battery the source or alternator?
Crackling seems to be more audible when i drive than when it is stationary.
thanks.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,310 Posts
no dashcam but was about to get one a few weeks ago but decided against it as i wanted to do some research on them.

is it possible the back windows carry the antenna to the stereo system/radio and they could be damaged if abrasive chemicals used to clean the glass? I dropped it off for car valet and it seemed to coincide.

i also get a static show on my door after i've driven 10minutes or so, wonder if anyone has experienced that too on theirs.

The radio crackles abit on all stations which is quite frustrating...
Only asked about the Dashcam because I had one fitted to the front of my 8G but after fitting a rear one it crackled like a Scouser :laugh2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts