2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, a new problem which occurs every once in a while to me.

While driving the radio suddenly goes dead. Everything is on, however the audio just goes. I can't get it back until I turn off the ignition and start the car up again.

This has happened to me twice this weekend and can't work out what it could be.

My phone is hooked up via the HFT, and it makes you think you are getting a call as the radio does stop when you receive a call, however it isn't an incoming call.

Anyone else had this?

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Not so far, sounds like a loose wire in the HFT, that shorts and fools the circuit into thinking there is a incoming call...... just a thought.

ATB,
Tom

·
Registered
151 Posts
hi i have had this problem also the cd will still work, but to get radio back ignition needs to be switched off ?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have never tried using the CD to see if it works, but it sounds like the same problem!

I will try the CD next time.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
I never use the radio and so don't really notice if there is a problem :)

Tom

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
I have also had this problem several times in the past year - I think only when first turning the radio on - turning ignition off and on sorts it.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
i just experienced the same thing two days ago, a "plop" could be heared from the speakers and all went quiet untill i restarted the car. Will surely point this out to my dealer when its going in for her first service.
Could it be down to a simple software fault?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi, the same happened to me for 2 or 3 times.
The sound quality just went gone, but I still can here music.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
I had the same issue today (for the first time) it's not the HTF because CD and Aux in both worked, just not radio!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts