2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a post like this before with no solution.My radio display is showing everything on, then fades out again,then on then off.Is it a big problem or somthing small:confused::confused: PLEASE HELP:(

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Did you find any fix to this rare fault?

Mine has done almost exactly the same for quite some time now, getting worse and worse, switching between normal and 'bleeding' mode (where all the hidden background info lit up) more and more frequently. I can't tell you how annoying it is! :(

I hope it is caused by a dodgy connection somewhere, but I suspect there is no cure to this problem other than to replace the whole radio/temp. unit...:mad: ...and I don't think that will be cheap!

Ps; my car is the sat-nav version, so it is the smaller version display unit besides the sat-nav screen.

I think time has come to pay a visit at the local Honda dealership!

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
....... I think time has come to pay a visit at the local Honda dealership!
Try asking in this and the Wanted sections - I just got a replacement CD player for €50 …

Reactions: amronno

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Try asking in this and the Wanted sections - I just got a replacement CD player for €50 …

Thanks for that! :)

I could always do that, of course, but I think it is much easier to get hold of a replacement HU than this info display.

Anyone know the parts number of this radio display?

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Thanks for that! :) I could always do that, of course, but I think it is much easier to get hold of a replacement HU than this info display. Anyone know the parts number of this radio display?
A whole new HU is serious money ! ...

But, in any case, like the CD player, I think the radio \ info display unit is a separate module ? ...

Part no. - no idea ...

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
A whole new HU is serious money ! ...

But, in any case, like the CD player, I think the radio \ info display unit is a separate module ? ...

Part no. - no idea ...

So, what you are saying is the CD player you bought from another member on here is a separate part of the HU? Didn't know that, I thought if the CD player broken-down you had to replace the whole unit. Sorry for the confusion! My bad! :)

Yes, the radio display is a separate module, and I also think it is an easy job to replace it, meaning you don't have to dismantle a lot of trim/panels on the dashboard to get access to it...hopefully! :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Also having this issue..it is temperamental though, only occurs sometimes but when it does, it stays for that day. Pain in the arse!

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Sounds like I have the same issue. The CD/Climate Control/Clock display will either be blank, hang or show a corrupted mess of LCD segments.

The car has been back to the dealer 4 times over the last 6 months. Three times the connections have been checked and it's been ok for a while. Last Tuesday the whole unit was replaced (£360 part), and the problem came back again yesterday.

About to ring Honda, but any suggestions more than welcome.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
An easy thing you can try, probably wont work but worth a try.

Disconnect the battery, go have a cup of tea or whatever and put the negative back on.

Seems to resolve any things I get.

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
An easy thing you can try, probably wont work but worth a try.

Disconnect the battery, go have a cup of tea or whatever and put the negative back on.

Seems to resolve any things I get.
Would it fix a hole in the exhaust by any chance?

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Disconnect the battery, go have a cup of tea or whatever and put the negative back on..
Good idea, but I'm hoping for a permanent fix.

My dealer has had the car back and investigated. It's not the display unit, or the cabling, so apparently it must be the stereo unit. Everything displayed on the screen is driven by the stereo.

Cheers

·
Registered
179 Posts
I was having some problems with mine earlier in the year but thankfully seems to be ok at the minute. I got quoted at £848.99 from Honda (exc VAT and fitting) for a replacement HU

·
Registered
25 Posts
ok im trying to get behind the screen but cant remove it My screen doest this thing but i know that the connector behind it is doing these problems just cant get to it to fix it. Anyone know how to remove it?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts