2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the title states. When i push the startbutton, the radio and clock flicks off, and sometimes they don't always click on again after the car has been started. They can get power again after one minute or after ten minutes of driving. Sometimes the problem is not there for a whole week before starting again.

Since there is a clicking noise that seems to turn theese things on and off, my guess is that they share a relay that's connected to head unit, clock and ciglighter? But I can't for the life of me find where in the fusebox it is located. Tried finding it using the fn2workshop site, but could not find it. The car is a 08 Fn2.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone have any ideas as to what I can be? Ia there a relay or could it be a fuse about to go out?

·
4,344 Posts
Sounds like a relay. Fuses do not get into the state of "about to go out". They either blow or work OK. I have never heard of an intermittent fuse (other than solid state fuses that reset when the excess current is removed)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like a relay. Fuses do not get into the state of "about to go out". They either blow or work OK. I have never heard of an intermittent fuse (other than solid state fuses that reset when the excess current is removed)
Yeah it has to be a relay. Have no idea though as to what relay controls radio/clock and cig. lighter.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump. Anyone have a clue what relay is causing the sig lighter, head unit and radio/temp screen to turn on and off?

It's random when it happens, and it's clearly a click coming from under the steering wheel to the left when it happens. Kevin

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been looking over the fn2 workshop manual to see if I could find any mention of the relay, but no luck. From what I have gathered the relay is not located on the interior fuse box, but rather some where under the steering wheel/in the dash. Seems strange that I cant find any info about this relay anywhere.

I'm guessing I'll just have to get in the dash and start digging to find the relay.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am at a complete loss here. What could I be missing? I can't find the relay I am looking for, if that's even the problem.

What could prevent those three things to not get power after the car has been started?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After a long time researching I have reached the conclusion that it must be the Acc cut relay that needs replacing. I finally found another user with the same symptoms as me, and really hope this solves it.

It's deep in the dash so will post an update when I locate it and if it solves the problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts