2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I do like to be 'one up' on the next person when able, but have no intention of reading 700+ pages of manual, which repeats itself perhaps 5,000 times to find out something trivial ...

Is there a way of listening to the radio without burning up some of the earth's final hydrocarbons?

Many's the time I can drop the wife off at Tesco's, Aldi, Asda or Morri's and CANNOT 'do a lemming' following her around aimlessly for one hour, so used to prefer to listen to the match in the car.

In Winter I would fire up perhaps for 1 minute every 20 to recharge the battery a little and warm the car up, but the idea of sitting in a car park with the car idling for one hour is dericulous!

Tell me I've missed something!!

Al.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Also starting your car an idling for 1 minute will potentially provide a little heat, but it will put a drain your battery due to the starting process taking more out of it than is going back in.
Shouldn't be a problem though with a battery in perfect condition.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
With the ignition off, just press the brightness button on the top of the screen to turn the audio on, you get around 30mins before it will shutdown to save your battery.
Genuinely helpful and useful post, I had no idea about this. :smile3:

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
Have you just pressed the start button without your foot on the clutch? That works for me...

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you just pressed the start button without your foot on the clutch? That works for me...
Are you saying without firing up?
Earlier post is excellent - I'll try that button.

FYI - yes I was aware of idling not really charging, so I would hold revs at perhaps 1.2 - 1.4 k revs to charge a little during this one minute - engine would also, obviously get a little warmer as well.

Thanks all - all is a bit of a learning curve (didn't fancy following 'mummy' aimlessly for one hour, caring person that I am!!).

Al.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup... without firing her up...
I'm invariably hammering through the forums whilst my 5-year-old is running around the living room and jumping on me, so I often miss odd details.

This is another decent option.

Thanks.

Al.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts