2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still chuffed with my install of the H+K Drive and play (Connects2 aux input).

I have now bought a TomTom 520 (excellent bit of kit so far). I am going to wire it into the aux input on the H+K - but before I dismantle my dashboard for a 3rd time I wondered would it be possible somehow to connect the TomTom in such a way that it would mute the radio when announcing directions or when I use the handsfree phone on the Tomtom?

One option I guess would be to connect the Tomtom via bluetooth to a Parrot handsfree unit (which I understand "disconnects" the speakers and directs its own output via them when taking a call). Would this work with direction announcements and phone calls? This seems a long way around - does anyone have experience of this?
Cheers
Neil

·
Ezermester
151 Posts
One solution would be to use the pins in the middle connector at the headunit, which are used for the original BT system. Although I have a satnav bt Executive, I've been fiddling with the pins and I managed to fool the radio into thinking it is the BT and audio inputs worked, but the shame is that this input is only mono. I believe that all the HUs are able to do this.

If you have any questions about the pinouts, I'd be glad to give you some information in the following days.

BTW, audio inputs from the satnav are also hackable and come in stereo, but you can't control the volume through the HU and there is still the problem of maintaining the mute signal.

Andrej

1 - 2 of 2 Posts