2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to mute the standard radio. It was a feature on my last car ( Megane ) Or is it something that Honda has not bothered with? i do not have Hands free Phone or any other accessory fitted to the radio.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Is there a way to mute the standard radio. It was a feature on my last car ( Megane ) Or is it something that Honda has not bothered with? i do not have Hands free Phone or any other accessory fitted to the radio.

Cheers
Yes there is, it's the off button :) (seriously) - they didn't bother for another flimsy button and right so because modern radios have far too many - the standard radio could still do with less IMHO

·
Registered
200 Posts
a handy man could use the electrical mute function that's there for a phone carkit.

it's misery that there ain't no mute button ( mostly the use the power button for that function) but a bigger mistake is the TA function. If you touch that button during a TA then the function is disabled instead of temporary muted.

·
Civic gone, not forgotten
2,092 Posts
a handy man could use the electrical mute function that's there for a phone carkit.

it's misery that there ain't no mute button ( mostly the use the power button for that function) but a bigger mistake is the TA function. If you touch that button during a TA then the function is disabled instead of temporary muted.

Re the TA operation, this annoys me as well, but I had a loan car while mine was being serviced, and Honda have now changed the TA button to single press to mute current TA broadcast.... Perhaps the latest firmware...

·
Registered
200 Posts
should be a firmware issue. The Civic Hybrid has the same radio and TA works fine on that car also....

I'm curious about a firmware update in which this case is solved...

My firmware is starting with 04 and the other digits I don't remember

·
2,092 Posts
should be a firmware issue. The Civic Hybrid has the same radio and TA works fine on that car also....

I'm curious about a firmware update in which this case is solved...

My firmware is starting with 04 and the other digits I don't remember
Mine is the same, but some people are quoting 05 xxxx numbers (fingers crossed)

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Is there a firmware update as I mention it to my dealership every time I go (I've got a 55 plate) and they deny all knowledge of this.

·
Strange Engineer
124 Posts

I don't know if we mean the same thing but I find if very useful. If there is a TA and I don't want to hear it I just press the button and it goes back to the normal mode. But the next TA will just be played. IMHO this is not a mistake, but very handy.

TA is only toggled completely if you press the button when in normal mode.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
I am having a thick moment Steeph,
Which button do you mean, as the TA's really annoy me, when they inform me about a problem 75+ miles away and of no importance to me.
I can't turn them off ??:oops:

·
2,092 Posts
I don't know if we mean the same thing but I find if very useful. If there is a TA and I don't want to hear it I just press the button and it goes back to the normal mode. But the next TA will just be played. IMHO this is not a mistake, but very handy.

TA is only toggled completely if you press the button when in normal mode.
That sounds like the later setup. On my Sep 06 car, if you tap the TA button it shuts off TA completely so to just end the current message you have to tap it twice!!

·
2,092 Posts
Which button do you mean, as the TA's really annoy me, when they inform me about a problem 75+ miles away and of no importance to me.
If both TA and TP are shown on the radio display, tap TA once and the 'TA' light will go out.

'TP' shows that the station you are tuned to broadcasts traffic reports, TA toggles if you want to listen to them or not.

·
Strange Engineer
124 Posts

Don't know the order in a RHD, but in the normal ( :cool: ) LHD version it's the leftmost small circular button. There are 3 such cirucular buttons about midway on the head unit. The label also says TA I think.
If I'm listening to the radio or a CD this button will toggle TA on or off. If in the middle of a TA this button will just turn off the current TA, but leave TA enabled overall.

My FW is 0437 01 if I remember correctly, which seems not to be the latest, but reasonably recent. Car was delivered october 2007, so manufactured not long before that I guess.

·
2,092 Posts
Steeph

Quick photo!!! But normal to be LHD - this is a Jap car built in Swindon so LHD is just an after thought for you Europeans!!!

JTL

The buttons are flipped for RHD - the TA one is nearest the driver (unless you have Sat Nav, then you are on your own!!!)

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
I shall brave the weather and fight my way to the car.
As some bloke once said, when sitting with his mates in a tent near the Pole, :-
" I am just going outside for a while, I may be some time".

1 - 19 of 19 Posts