2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my civic about a month now and apart from a leaking sunvisor, condenation its been brilliant...Although the next problem ive found is the radio...

Signal on the radio is terrible compared to my old Golf...most stations i cant get a decent signal from and i also find when using the heater this makes the quality even worse/sometimes unaudioable...

Is this a known fault?

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
In the early days this was raised a few times. In the end, from memory, I'm sure it turned out to be a bad earth connection somewhere around the heated window area.
As you say, you notice it most when you turn the heated rear window on.

This was also more of a problem for the diesel model as the heated window had an auto on feature linked to outside temperature.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
I have this same issue as well, radio signal is not good at all. I didnt find any guide on the earthing area dor anything. If someone has the knowledge please help us :)

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for this, very helpful indeed...out of interest is this under warranty as my car is an 07 and I already have it booked in for the rusty roof but Honda have kindly called me today, that if my car has rust (as my sun visor is leaking) then as its outside of the 3+3yr warranty, anything they do agree to will be as a goodwill gesture..

Im just wondering if there is a time frame on this "radio" system upgrade?

Also my read suspension is squeaking...whats the warranty period on this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts