2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I had the no radio reception issue that others have had, complained to my dealer (still under warranty) took it into them, they had it for 3 weeks in which time it had a donor head unit to test the head unit and then they replaced the rear windscreen, I dont use the radio often but when travelling with family and friends they like to have the radio on, tried it a few weeks back and im back to no reception, any suggestions about what I say when I take it back again, because clearly its not the head unit or the rear screen, I can only guess its the wiring, are there any easy fixes or tests that I can do to get to root cause.

·
Super Moderator
21,011 Posts
Early 2006/7 cars had this issue and in nearly all cases it was a bad earth near the rear screen somewhere.

The other issue was diesel cars but only in winter when the 2.2 automatically put the heated screen on.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is a 2010 model and the dealer has replaced the rear screen already, I am guessing its the earthing issue on the multi segmented cable, one section is not earthed properly, time to go claim on the warranty again and while they are at it they can look at my "squeaky clutch" which has surfaced again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts