2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else find this can be poor?

When in the hills I lose reception much quicker than I did on my last 2 cars. Wondered if this might be a result of the shark fin aerial.

This is FM reception - DAB is a total waste of time in my area. Premium Audio, is that makes any difference.

·
Administrator
21,168 Posts
Mine is fine (FM & DAB) but I am in the thick of it down here at the sharp end :D

When we got bad radio reception reports on the 8G early on it turned out to be a bad earth at the aerial end

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kremman. Signal is fine most of the time, it just loses the signal sooner in the hills that the Mazda did.

·
Administrator
21,168 Posts
Good how you can compare radio signals on a regular route.

I used to listen to HeartFM and that signal used to be just starting to degenerate when I got to the office on the IS200 with a proper front mounted roof aerial. Both my 8G's with rear screen aerial were about the same so I considered the screen aerial reception OK.

So far I've not tested Heart on this model but I will give it a go this week as a test both on FM and DAB.

Watch this space....................

·
Registered
37 Posts
How you know if you have DAB radio in the car? When I use AM band its bad signal, the sound is very low quality and have a lot of static - only use this for Five Live for the England football games

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WhEn you cycle through the bands or source you will have FM1/FM2/AM/DAB1/DAB2 etc. Actual list of bands will vary depending on on the radio in your car. Will also state in the instruction manual.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not necessarily, depends when it was built. That said I suspect they started to built MY13 cars around October 12

·
Registered
151 Posts
Anyone else find this can be poor?

When in the hills I lose reception much quicker than I did on my last 2 cars. Wondered if this might be a result of the shark fin aerial.

This is FM reception - DAB is a total waste of time in my area. Premium Audio, is that makes any difference.
I've noticed this on FM, doing the same route I have for years, gets crackly in places it certainly didnt on my 8G. A quick press of the station preset button usually sorts it out though.

Don't think I have DAB... don't remember seeing it anywhere.

I do love the ability to stream bluetooth from my phone though, works a treat for Wittertainment podcast on my long drives to Cardiff...

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
All my receptions are great, DAB in particular, very clear and great choce of stations

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All my receptions are great, DAB in particular, very clear and great choce of stations
My reception is great in well populated areas too. My problem is that the reception "goes" sooner in area where signal is dodgy. For instance, heading up the A9 there is very poor FM reception for about 20 miles. The 9g fades out just north of Bruar but the Mazda was OK for another 5 miles or so.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
P.s. no DAB at all in large parts of the Borders or Dumfries & Galloway.

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Not driven to many areas but headed into the hills near Stirling yesterday. Still great reception, know what you mean though, used to lose a lot of reception on the m74 / m6 in the 8g

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
I've noticed this on FM, doing the same route I have for years, gets crackly in places it certainly didnt on my 8G. A quick press of the station preset button usually sorts it out though.

Don't think I have DAB... don't remember seeing it anywhere.

I do love the ability to stream bluetooth from my phone though, works a treat for Wittertainment podcast on my long drives to Cardiff...
Don't people know what they buy these days? you have a 13my 1.6 iDTEC civic don't you?

·
Administrator
21,168 Posts
Stage 1 complete, HeartFM clear as a bell all the way to work.

Then realised I was on DAB so it isn't a direct comparison.

·
Administrator
21,168 Posts
Stage 1 complete, HeartFM clear as a bell all the way to work.

Then realised I was on DAB so it isn't a direct comparison. FM tomorrow....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts