2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I know that there have been issues with radio reception on the civics, but i was wonderring if anyone who has had them (and had it fixed) could tell me how bad it was for them.

Mine isnt terable but it does seem to have a quiet crackle most of the time on major stations (bbc etc) (and occasionly gets a bit worse than that). I only mention it because my old car (Rover 200) never really had any reception issues at all with the radio that was in it. crystal clear :).

I might be extra sensitive at the moment as it is a new, pre owned car for me. So just want to make sure I get anything fixed whilst still in warenty (and 30 day period if possable)

It is nothing major though, but i do listen to the radio quite a bit, dont wanna take it in if this is prety normal with the civics.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
There is a firmware or software upgrade that the main Dealer can do for you.
It improved mine, but it hasn't made much of difference, with a lot of the guys cars on here.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Ive had the radio boster changed on mine & its still rubbish

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have intermitent bad radio reception on my 06 civic 5 dr and have realised it happens when i have the rear window demister switched on....it appears the 2 systems dont like each other :-(

honda dealer doesnt know of a solution.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have intermitent bad radio reception on my 06 civic 5 dr and have realised it happens when i have the rear window demister switched on....it appears the 2 systems dont like each other :-(

honda dealer doesnt know of a solution.
Well I had a software upgrade, which dident fix it so got it booked in again for next week. Im starting to wonder if im just being to picky. Its not awfull reception, its just sometimes you can hear a hiss in the background.

Ofcourse it sounds fine when at the dealers :(.

When i rang up after the software upgrade to say its still a prob, the lady actualy asked me if it when the demister is on. (obviousley a known problem) - but it isnt.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
I'm happy with the radio reception. The problem my end is that the radio does not retune to a stronger transmitter when it goes out of range.
Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
I'm happy with the radio reception. The problem my end is that the radio does not retune to a stronger transmitter when it goes out of range.
Any ideas?
I get this too :mad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts