2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

does anyone knows some idea how can i get the remote wire from the radio to the amp, so when ever i turn on the radio, the amplifier turns on automatically ? Thank you:confused:

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
I'm not very familiar with the honda stereo but i'm guessing it doesnt have a remote wire.

I believe you could splice the wire into the ignition wire (normally yellow), that tells the stereo to turn on when the ignition comes on.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
When you pull the stereo out you will have a wiring harness plugged into the back. This harness is normally in two sections, one is for the speakers wires and the other is: constant 12v power, ignition power, ground, telephone, electric aerial (if applicable) and remote cable (if applicable).

In my experience the ignition cable is normally the yellow wire but I have no experience with Honda so I couldnt be sure.

I dont even know if the stereo has pre-outs to fit an amp to be honest but I'm sure you probably have more information on this than I do.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
I think plenty of people take the remote from the rear power outlet instead as it is switched with the ignition.

BFM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts