2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, sorry im new to this forum but think i have the hang of it and already finding it usefull!

I have a Milano Red Type R GT with Rage alloys. I really need the alloys refurbished due to kerbing.

Does anyone know where I can get them done, as they are diamond cut, and also a rough price in the central Scotland area (Ayrshire would be great as im from Ayr).

Also looking for thoughts on getting the refurbished back to standard diamond cut finnish or done in gloss black?

Any opinions and details very much appriciated.

Chris

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
I had mine powder coated at Carrick Engineering Prestwick. Now known as Carrick Alloys.

I dont know of anywhere that does diamond cutting local, i think the most recommend place in scotland is in Dundee for diamond cutting. Think this is it http://www.diamondwheelstech.co.uk/services/

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help, what do yous think of gloss black powder coating then? I would also be getting the grand prix kit to balance out the black and might get the roof wrapped black.

Looking for opinions to persuade me!

·
Honda nut
2,793 Posts
robbobaggins has gloss black rages and they look awsome.I have blk standard 18's ,blk and red really go together well.

Attachments

Reactions: chrishughes

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Sounds like the same plans i have in motion :) I will be getting the rage alloys refurbished in gloss black soon, i have mirror caps i will be getting sprayed black to go along with my GP kit and wrapped gloss roof ;)

·
Love Mi-VTEC!
563 Posts
I'm also thinking of having the alloys done black.
I take it whoever does it will do the plastic centre cap to match retaining the red 'H'?

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
I'm also thinking of having the alloys done black.
I take it whoever does it will do the plastic centre cap to match retaining the red 'H'?
If going down the powder coating route then you will have to get someone else to colour code them as they cant powder coat plastic centre caps. If getting them sprayed then they would be able to colour code at same time. However you will need to then get vinyl red "H" stickers for the centre caps.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Not in Scotland but Pristine Alloys, Home, will refurb with diamond cut finish and will pick up and deliver wheels for free. They have a wheel exchange program which keeps your car on the road while your wheels are away.

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts