2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys & girls,

I've just become the proud owner of a set of rage alloys for my CTR, just wondering what people's experiences and recommendations for rubber to coat them with.

Cheers

Paul

·
Aye Aye....
7,101 Posts
hows it goin mate! well done on the new rims!

I've used Falken FK452's (cheapest I found them was Camskills.com at around £80-90 a corner), i felt they were a lot better than the Yoko Advans, they are softer so probably will wear quicker but I was happy with the wear on them when I had them (had them on the car around 6 months when i got rid of it so i dont know how long they would have lasted but wear was minimal at that point and they were on the front) - dont be put off by the cheap price of the falkens they are a very good tyre they simply dont have the 'prada' name if you like. For me the falkens were just as good as the Yoko's (bearing in mind the yokos are circa 200 quid each) in the dry and they were a lot better in the wet

another good choice is the Toyo T1R Proxes, havent used them myself but many people on the site use them and recommend them, I think thats what im going to try next, they are a bit more expensive at £120-140 but a good tyre

verderstein make good tyres too at very affordable prices...just another you might want to check out

hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts