2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Professional Cynic
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally bit the bullet and have put my 5th rage alloy into my local bodyshop to have it painted black with a red lip. Almost bought kimo's lightweight wheels but I just prefer the size of the rages and I don't hoon it enough to require the additional handleing that 18's offer.

Pics to follow any comments are as always appreciated.

·
V-tec BOOM
1,015 Posts
will be nice to see these as i was gonna do the same but got scared incase i didnt like it

·
Professional Cynic
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
will be nice to see these as i was gonna do the same but got scared incase i didnt like it
Lol, hence the reason it's my 5th wheel getting done. I'll decide once I see it on if i'll get the others done too. Comments on here i'm sure will be a factor. Hoping to getthe wheel back tomorrow.

·
Professional Cynic
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Nipped into the bodyshop on my lunch and they had finished it. Just needs the logo decal and a further laquer. I'm very pleased with the results and can't wait to get them on the car.

Paint used is Nighthawk black and Milano red.

What do you think folks?

Attachments

·
Professional Cynic
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow they look great , would love to do this to my own. Are they expensive to do ?
It's costing me £65 a wheel which considering the dual colour I think is pretty reasonable. Can't fault the finish, the painter has an excellent record.

·
Professional Cynic
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Red or black wheel nuts?

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
it looks fantastic - will be good to see them on the car.

and definitely red lug nuts!

·
Registered
332 Posts
they look the dogs mate had rages on my old type r they are the best looking wheels apart from me lightnings of course.they will look cool on your nhb.

·
Registered
420 Posts
That looks superb :) you need the red nuts

·
Professional Cynic
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
2 up for the red nuts so far. My perferance also I reckon.

·
Professional Cynic
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That looks wicked dude ! Where did you get them done ? I fancy having my 18s done

Cheers mate, got them done at peugeot ecosse, it's round the corner from me. Very friendly bunch and their painter is exceptional, he did my bonnet bumper and front wings a few weeks ago and the finish is like glass.

·
Professional Cynic
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Really appreciatethe comments, thought i'd get a marmite reaction. Just need to sort out a set of wheels for a week so I can get em all done, calipers need painted too!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts