2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up to people. I know theres quite a lot on here who use Rain X. Well for those of you in need of some or wanting to try it out then its for sale at a bargain price at Asda Online & In-Store.

For those unaware, heres what it is:

Applies water beading technology to enhance driving visibility! Just spray on and wipe away Cleans motor vehicle glass streak-free Repels rain by causing water to bead up and roll away Helps prevent sleet, snow, ice, bugs and road spray from sticking to glass Helps removal of bug residue and road spray from glass For use on motor vehicle glass Rain-X® Weatherbeater® Glass Cleaner Rain Repellant improves wet weather driving visibility and is easy to use. Visit Rain-X.com today!

Used this myself in the past and would definitely recommend it.

Available in store but here's the online link for anyone wanting to order it online:

ASDA Groceries Online - From our store to your door

Happy rain-free driving ;-)

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No probs Lai Lai, just keeping my fellow Civvys in the know ;-)

·
cooks chix&b.bean sauce
1,399 Posts
No probs Lai Lai, just keeping my fellow Civvys in the know ;-)
Stevey P for Civinfo President =)

On a serious note, I will get my black bean butt to asdas and grab some of this :) I use the autoglym polish and as great as it is I can never get it streak free and the white dust after buffing it off seems to stick around for a while

:)

Sent from Lai-Phone using Tapatalk

Reactions: stevey_p7

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
FESTOOLIGAN
4,166 Posts
Rain X 2 in 1 is great product especially for someone who washes car at last twice a month. It cleans and protects at once. Now i use nanolex glass sealant and use rainx in my shower cabin but still does great job.

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
I swear by this stuff. Absolutely excellent especially at that price.

Stocked up for the year :) lol

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
Thanks Steve
BUT
Get some GTechnik G3.... Its even better and lasts longer
Gtechniq G3 ClearVision Glass Coat 100ml | FREE UK DELIVERY
If thats the stuff Magic put on my car then yeah it is great stuff. Though, I've had Rain X on my windscreen many times in the past and it does a great job ;-) Even better for those on a budget where every penny counts.
Yes, G|Techniq G3 is the coating I applied to your car Steve. It works for approximately 3 months, providing your screen wash is the correct concentration. This is based on a typical winter. Edamski has just text me this weekend to say his has only just failed, and I applied that at the beginning of November, so as you can appreciate, it's seen alot of rain water this winter ;)

This is a video of mine that I made when I did the Ceramic Protection on the Honda Civic I've shown you;

Far superior to Rain-X, IMO.

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
Indeed. Cost is the major factor here.
Ive used RainX for years too, but time to move on

put some one last week, took my time to prep, used my DA to polish and the results are even better then i thought. It doesnt start to work till you get to 40mph.on the motorway people have there wipers on full and i was doing 70;) no need for wipers just the odd wipe every now and then.

Just make sure you get it right as ive seen a few people rush it and its a pain to get off.

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
Stevey P for president?

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.