2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Have a mk9 Civic, 2014 plate. Since getting the car a few weeks ago I've noticed it has this weird beeping/chime issue while driving it.

It seems to be a little random, bit will usually do it at certain points, like when I merge onto a motorway or go over a roundabout. Gives off a single beep/chime, bit like the seatbelt warning chime.

No lights on dash or error messages etc, just the single chime at random times. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
Keep an eye on the i-Mid, it should give you some indication of what's causing the bong, even if only for a fraction of a second - It could be something like a door / handbrake switch giving a misreading for a second, or similar.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I usually look at the screen straight away and have never seen anything. Might set a dash cam up facing the screen to see if it captures anything flashing up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi
Quick update. Defo wasn't the speed limit warning as I has that turned off and it was doing it at random speeds.

Someone suggested it was to do with satnav not exiting navigation properly and was warning me of traffic or something, fix was to do a factory reset of the satnav/radio system, which I did and it's now ok. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts