2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 3480 Posts

·
i-Vtec
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok folks the "What did you do to your car today?" thread has kind of gone a bit skew wiff and off topic.
WDYDTYCT posts are getting lost in the banter and bleather. So here's a thread where we can all chat about things Gen8 related, or just what ever you want to chat about. Ive split the last few days posts from the old thread to the new one to try to keep some continuity. So @JayR35 @Hemingway1975 @Diddles1987 fill your boots lol.

·
Premium Member
2009 FN2 Type R
298 Posts
@Diddles1987 I saw some really good alloys that I thought would complicated the look of your motor! Very quirky

View attachment 318516

I will have a development on my forced induction quest this week

Either way I'm losing the RRC intake & 410cc I added not long ago !
They look like the Antera alloys that were on my old mans K plate Mazda 323, popcorn on @JayR35 development :)

·
Premium Member
2009 FN2 Type R
298 Posts
Showing my age, but the first FAST car I drove was my bro in laws Mazda 323 4x4 Turbo, in black, was amazing at the time, must be super rare now.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Yea cool mate that manifold been on less than few hundred miles if that, you should pop down mate have a drive in it before it all changes

Had I looked at staying NA I'd definitely be going for a final drive 5.46

I'm deff not made of money bro having to borrow to get it done but you live once
Yeah if I get a chance might have to! Defiantly mate, you only like once, enjoy it as much as you can!

Almost brought a carbon seeker today, but hate spending money at the moment as my job isn't as secure as it used to be.

My brother had 2 old 323s then got a 323f V6, never see them anymore!

·
Premium Member
2009 FN2 Type R
298 Posts
I had carbon seeker on last Milano red, was ok, then after a while it became too subtle, also the fit is OK, not great, coming around to a fugen rather than a Feeker

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I had carbon seeker on last Milano red, was ok, then after a while it became too subtle, also the fit is OK, not great, coming around to a fugen rather than a Feeker
Yeah, I would prefer a fugen, but it's just double the price after painting.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Their probably really easy to clean do Mazda wheels for our cars ?

I'm genuinely interested in those wheels!

@Negativvv think of me what you will lol

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I think some Toyota might be the same size. As I looked at various rims before my car got smacked.

Ours are 5x114.3mm offset might be 65 from memory as I'm at work.

·
Registered
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
1,624 Posts
It’s getting to the point now that I’m really peed off and frustrated concerning the drop at the front drivers side of 10mm, I keep getting a creaking sound off the spring at drivers rear also. It’s been in two different garages that can’t find no issues. One garage said the drivers side rear spring was weak and is throwing the whole stance out. Possibly, maybe, I have tried to get two replacement springs but is only £20-£30 extra for a full set anyway. I have two options that I have been looking into, new set of full springs, going 30mm as I want it lower than the set of 25mm already or a set of coilovers, been looking at the meisters or yellow speed. Due to me already replacing all shocks new would the set of springs be the best way forward. My only issue would be if it wasn’t the springs and the same occurs again. Big diff in money between the springs and coilover replacement also, bit of a quandary off what to do.

·
Premium Member
2009 FN2 Type R
298 Posts
Maybe some Tein springs, not that much, and does drop the rear more than the front.....or do you just want it lower overall ?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I was going to purchase 2 off 30mm for just the rear but was informed the price is near to just a full set anyways. Because the rear sits higher at the moment anyway with the 25mm fitted it might be a good idea to throw 30mm just on the rear and see how it effects the front to see if it was the drivers rear spring as the garage mentioned. If it doesn’t I suppose I could just throw the whole set on and see if it resolves the issue full stop, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Try that first dude there are a few items on eBay bid at the moment depends on what u wanna spend and outaly...

Personally if I didn't have coils now , yellow speed which I picked up for around 500, which are now well over 800 I'd deff go for KW V3.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Try that first dude there are a few items on eBay bid at the moment depends on what u wanna spend and outaly...

Personally if I didn't have coils now , yellow speed which I picked up for around 500, which are now well over 800 I'd deff go for KW V3.

View attachment 318524

View attachment 318525
Watching the yellow speeds, see how they go on, big outlay for the others, prices high for decent set of coils.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Yea just don't go buying those cheapo ones their awful

Them yellows retail for around 1350 or so, my yellows are good can't fault em, not as comfy as eibachs but adjustable and very competent on the roads

@pjacksat55 runs the meister R's and rates them, I would have gone for these but a good deal came on yellows

If you do go down coilover route I'd highly recommend coating them up in AC50 anti corrosion spray

1 - 20 of 3480 Posts