2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

181 - 200 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Well I haven't polished a car for somewhere in the region of 13+ years! Terrible as I consider myself an enthusiast of sorts!

Autoglym was middle of the road back then but it's a car not a woman but either way there's a lot of snake oils to beautify both with :ROFLMAO: I remember people spending hundreds on organic wax that smelt like fruits for their cars which is borderline insane.

I got a bottle of this for the Civic but won't give it go until after it's MoT and bumper repair.

Simoniz is a cheapo brand that's supermarket fodder!

Anyway aren't most modern car paint jobs covered in a layer of clearcoat which is actually what's being polished these days? Hence it's that layer that needs protecting.

Reminds me a bit of car leather and so called feeds when all you need to do is keep the seats clean as they're coated in something or other to protect the actual leather.

·
Super Moderator
3,360 Posts
Looking at replacing the front lights also from cox, only £90 odd each, I don’t think the lights will polish up.
£90 do what?

Have you got halogens?????

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Hemmingway it was about £80 for the pair the chap had a good reputation so thought I'd take a punt turned out really good

·
i-Vtec
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
Anyway aren't most modern car paint jobs covered in a layer of clearcoat which is actually what's being polished these days? Hence it's that layer that needs protecting.
Yes you are only polishing the clear coat, but thats ok. Clear coat goes dull over time due to sun bleaching, oxidization, fall out etc and its this polishing removes. Wax then helps prevent it coming back. Ive washed a couple of cars this week that have black spot mould on the roofs, this is due to a lack of washing, lack of polish and no LSP.

Reminds me a bit of car leather and so called feeds when all you need to do is keep the seats clean as they're coated in something or other to protect the actual leather.
Not true. "Real" leather requires feeding to keep it supple. If it dries out it will crack. Unfortunately most leather in low end cars, inc the Gen8, is Leatherette, a fake leather substitute. I dont think these will take a "feed" as its a synthetic product.

·
Registered
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
773 Posts
£90 do what?

Have you got halogens?????
Yes I have the halogens, they defi not hid xenon, £98 each, I have the 5000k whiter halfrauds bulbs fitted,

·
Registered
773 Posts
Well I haven't polished a car for somewhere in the region of 13+ years! Terrible as I consider myself an enthusiast of sorts!

Autoglym was middle of the road back then but it's a car not a woman but either way there's a lot of snake oils to beautify both with :ROFLMAO: I remember people spending hundreds on organic wax that smelt like fruits for their cars which is borderline insane.

I got a bottle of this for the Civic but won't give it go until after it's MoT and bumper repair.

View attachment 318710

Simoniz is a cheapo brand that's supermarket fodder!

I use autoglym super resin polish and it’s fantastic, use it every few months and topped up with maguires gold class wax which is decent stuff also.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I fitted these to mine, great bulbs and a nice white light, comes with blue side light bulbs that shine white too.

This was my head light after it started to let water in.

New headlights really freshen the front end up.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Been looking at this for the civic, what does it mean unpolished or polished, plus I hope the gloss black goes with the front splitter black

·
Registered
673 Posts
"The grill is supplied unpolished as standard or for an additional charge the grill can be polished to a black gloss finish."

I'm guessing it comes standard as a sort of Matt black.

·
Registered
773 Posts
"The grill is supplied unpolished as standard or for an additional charge the grill can be polished to a black gloss finish."

I'm guessing it comes standard as a sort of Matt black.
So does that mean it will stay as a gloss finish and not fade to Matt again?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
You know went out for a blast in my car earlier really enjoyed the NA drive makes me think now I wanna sell the charger lol

I'd be able to buy full Mugen bodykit, lightweight aftermarket alloys and a big brake kit

Decisions

·
Registered
773 Posts
You know went out for a blast in my car earlier really enjoyed the NA drive makes me think now I wanna sell the charger lol

I'd be able to buy full Mugen bodykit, lightweight aftermarket alloys and a big brake kit

Decisions
Man, make your mind up 😂

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Lol, bros I've stupidly dropped one of those AC caps down into the engine bay does anyone have a clue where I get one !

@Wilmo @Das you guys normally good at pointing in the right direction any help much appreciated

·
Registered
773 Posts
I would of thought any car spares retailer would keep them High and low pressure A/C caps, try amazon for next day delivery

181 - 200 of 353 Posts