2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
3321 - 3340 of 3379 Posts

·
Registered
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
1,568 Posts
Still no update on charger

My concern is that the battery will run flat and it's no good for car to be standing this length of time
Can’t believe they ain’t been in touch, that’s a-bit unprofessional. Get them rung to see what the issue is and why they ain’t given you no update or progress of the repairs.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Can’t believe they ain’t been in touch, that’s a-bit unprofessional. Get them rung to see what the issue is and why they ain’t given you no update or progress of the repairs.
Yeah if I hear nothing by the Friday il be calling up have sent an email Friday gone but nothing thus far, pretty unusual as the chap I dealt with is normally on the ball

·
Registered
679 Posts
Gah made myself lookk a right plum today with the Type-r, its funny though so ill spill.

heh nipped out from site early to grab catfood, catlitter and milk from asda, and a pouch of baccy.

So i do the usual, park a long way away from everyone else.
I come out with what i needed and started to walk to the car, as i got nearer i thought hmm thats odd, im sure i parked further than that....

so i pop the fob to unlock and nothing......ok that's super weird, as i consider pulling the key out to put in door...i then noticed bits n bobs on passenger seat.............wait a mo.....5h1t! that's not mine!

some smart arse with a 9g CTR GT in CW (15 plate though, same dealership) had parked behind me!! lololol (mine was way more shiny :love:)

quickly looked around to make sure nobody had seen this daft old **** be confused and got the hell outta there giggling away at my own stupidity. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Gah made myself lookk a right plum today with the Type-r, its funny though so ill spill.

heh nipped out from site early to grab catfood, catlitter and milk from asda, and a pouch of baccy.

I come out with what i needed and started to walk to the car, as i got nearer i thought hmm thats odd, im sure i parked further than that....

so i pop the fob to unlock and nothing......ok that's super weird, as i consider pulling the key out to put in door...i then noticed bits n bobs on passenger seat.............wait a mo.....5h1t! that's not mine!

some smart arse with a 9g CTR GT in CW (15 plate though, same dealership) had parked behind me!! lololol (mine was way more shiny :love:)

quickly looked around to make sure nobody had seen this daft old **** be confused and got the hell outta there giggling away at my own stupidity. :ROFLMAO:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Update on charger: apparently the gears in it are toast and needs another rotor pack...

I don't get it , had replacement gears put in prior to fitting it... Am told it will be ready by Friday or early next week but will call me to discuss prior to returning

Keen to Kno what the cause of failure is here

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I’m surprised they haven’t supplied you pics and a little report of the damage found and the process required to repair. Is the company small and just know their stuff than all reports etc, it’s a shame they haven’t shed any light on it so you have some kind of idea of the failure.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Yeah if I hear nothing by the Friday il be calling up have sent an email Friday gone but nothing thus far, pretty unusual as the chap I dealt with is normally on the ball
I have been in touch with the supplier, it was posted and should of been with me ages ago, that old chestnut, he’s getting in touch with the courier, mmmm o.k, please supply me with tracking number of proof of posted, don’t expect to hear back or if I do it will be ********.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I’m surprised they haven’t supplied you pics and a little report of the damage found and the process required to repair. Is the company small and just know their stuff than all reports etc, it’s a shame they haven’t shed any light on it so you have some kind of idea of the failure.
Yeah it'll be discussed prior to it being returned at present It's had every single bearing replaced within the unit, it had a set of doner gears in it they put in so these would be covered by the warranty as would the bearings. The cost will come in for the rotor pack

Yes I'm extremely curious about the failure. I'm hoping it's not the map as there is a Sharp dip in torque around 3800rpm where vtec kicks in will have to look to see if it's worth putting it back to the stock point

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I have been in touch with the supplier, it was posted and should of been with me ages ago, that old chestnut, he’s getting in touch with the courier, mmmm o.k, please supply me with tracking number of proof of posted, don’t expect to hear back or if I do it will be ****.
If he doesn't provide soon id consider opening a case with PayPal... This is why it's sometimes preferable to find a car breaking locally to you. Not always possible which I get

·
Registered
344 Posts

I nipped to the supermarket with MrsHogg and parked up whilst she nipped in. She was in about 5 minutes and I parked where she could see me. I was plinking on my phone and was too late to flash the lights to let her know where I was - I lifted my head just in time to see her jump in the passenger seat of an identical Civic parked in the row in front of me. I could see the head going as she was ranting away, then she realised she was in the wrong car and screamed before jumping out! I beeped the horn so she could see me and she jumped in. As I drove past the first Civic, the driver and me were crying laughing whilst MrsHogg tried to sink in the seat as low as possible. 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
It seems my blower is on its way, after a phone call from the seller due to a message I sent it seems the parcel had the label damaged and got put a side, till I sent the message then they phone and got in touch with ups which had put the parcel aside due to the damage label, gave me a tracking order, I have check the tracking order and will be delivered Monday, I hope the part bloody works, if and when it arrives now

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Not yet mate I'm hoping by Tues/Wednesday the latest it's taken ages, I'm deffo gonna dig into this failure on top of which since I got Ecutek dongle I can send my current map remotely to Paul west for review, should it need any tweaks this can be done and sent back via Bluetooth

This phone flash feature is brilliant, no cables no nothing

3321 - 3340 of 3379 Posts