2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
3561 - 3580 of 3649 Posts

·
Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
1,118 Posts
@Rover3 Ariel footage on YouTube, your race is at 159:40... What happened bro lol

That Ariel footage is pretty cool actually, just wish it wasn't showing how much of a tit I was! 🤣

I had a plan in my head all ready! 2k rpm, slip the clutch with traction control partially off in +R mode. What ended up happening is just foot down, dump the clutch with traction control completely off in sport mode😂 I even practiced a few times that morning but the actual race just completely caught me off guard, I was a complete and total newbie 😄
I went in that morning feeling like I was a racing legend and drove out with my tail between my legs 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
1,118 Posts
Wow those light changed really quickly! Would of been better if you were lined up before the other guy. I think you would of had that too, you were catching him!
I grew up playing games like need for speed where you had a nice slow visual and audible countdown, not quite the same in real life 😆 I was trying to put the car in +R mode when I looked up and saw it was already green and then just panicked and dumped everything 🤣

Thought about going for another run but it was like a 30 minute wait to go again and there was a cheeseburger stand that was too tempting to pass up 😂
I think the real fun will be an actual track day, our cars where designed for that, not drag! 😄

·
Registered
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
1,738 Posts
I grew up playing games like need for speed where you had a nice slow visual and audible countdown, not quite the same in real life 😆 I was trying to put the car in +R mode when I looked up and saw it was already green and then just panicked and dumped everything 🤣

Thought about going for another run but it was like a 30 minute wait to go again and there was a cheeseburger stand that was too tempting to pass up 😂
I think the real fun will be an actual track day, our cars where designed for that, not drag! 😄
I don’t think it’s your fault, think so many cars to get through, it’s on quick as they can get you, then off as quick as they can, then next and next. Like a cattle market, next time you more clued up and know what to expect.👍

·
Super Moderator
4,136 Posts
🙁🙃🙁🤬all this rain, boot still leaking, left hand side again. It’s running from right behind the arch I think. I’m totally flamuxed, it pools where it’s red and the blue arrow is where I found water also, so my first thoughts for the blue arrow, is it’s running from behind the structure, circled blue, but when I run my finger from possible leak paths behind the structure up to the arch and back to the blue arrows path it’s bone dry. I have run my hand on all possible leak paths and it’s all bone dry🤔.
View attachment 321335
take a look at the air vent and see if that is the source, the flaps can wear and let water get sucked back in as you drive along.
it's a bumper off job to replace it

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
She lives ! Unfortunately the battery was flat as a pancake despite being disconnected over the month!

Managed to get a trade price YUSA battery from halfords... The BOSCH despite being under 6months old Is a failure so will be going back to ECP

Kaizen big bore exhaust manifold wrapped

Hat Wood Flooring Pattern Couch

Single exit 2.5 Japspeed stainless exhaust

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Trunk Automotive design

Pulley on charger upped from 3.0inch to 3.2 inch
On advice kept belt routing as is

It's had a few Dyno runs and a tweak to tune will post up results shortly

I've asked for the VTEC to be stored to the stock range up from 3800rpm , together with the bigger pulley might mean I loose power however perhaps the manifold and exhaust will make up for that

Will show before and after Dyno shortly

Audio equipment Gadget Table Electronic instrument Entertainment

Charger is virtually fresh with new rotor pack hopefully it all holds up!
Automotive tire Typewriter Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Office equipment

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
take a look at the air vent and see if that is the source, the flaps can wear and let water get sucked back in as you drive along.
it's a bumper off job to replace it
That’s no hassle as I have to fit my rear gp yet, so more investigations required.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
She lives ! Unfortunately the battery was flat as a pancake despite being disconnected over the month!

Managed to get a trade price YUSA battery from halfords... The BOSCH despite being under 6months old Is a failure so will be going back to ECP

View attachment 321440

View attachment 321441

I've asked for the VTEC to be stored to the stock range up from 3800rpm , together with the bigger pulley might mean I loose power however perhaps the manifold and exhaust will make up for that

View attachment 321442

View attachment 321443
Mate, this is a nice set up, you had it at the right place to get it set up right. You be gaining enough power, was that to have safer running parameters when you fully up and away concerning the young of the vtec
I was on tdi north website last night viewing the rotrex charger lol 😂. I was looking at the payments, then come to my senses. I can’t afford my car to be down if anything went wrong.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Mate, this is a nice set up, you had it at the right place to get it set up right. You be gaining enough power, was that to have safer running parameters when you fully up and away concerning the young of the vtec
I was on tdi north website last night viewing the rotrex charger lol 😂. I was looking at the payments, then come to my senses. I can’t afford my car to be down if anything went wrong.
And that's the problem... At least with rotrex it's guaranteed for 12 months but there's always risks and FI is expensive

I've set vtec back to normal and it's not as urgent before and the power seems to be a bit higher up than before although that suits me as most my driving is town and was to frantic before

Sounds epic though power is roughly the same but smoother and sounds better with no nasty torque dip

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Next week I gotta pop up to Milton Keynes lad there picked me up a near new GP front which I gotta fit

Although part me is thinking of selling it on

·
Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
1,118 Posts

View attachment 321440

View attachment 321441

View attachment 321442

View attachment 321443
Eyyyyy congrats mate! 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
Back and looking even better! Super happy for ya bud!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Next week I gotta pop up to Milton Keynes lad there picked me up a near new GP front which I gotta fit

Although part me is thinking of selling it on
No, get it and put it on, you got the power and will look nice and mean from the front in every bodies rear view mirror.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
No, get it and put it on, you got the power and will look nice and mean from the front in every bodies rear view mirror.
I have found since I put the rear spoiler on, I get way to much attention. Everybody up my arse and get every Tom, dick and Harry trying to race me off the line from the traffic lights. I just decided to take a leaf out of rovers book. Rev like ****, Wait for the lights to go green and let them **** off and then just set off steady🤣🤣🤣, only jesting @Rover3, I do do that though, otherwise I would have no petrol left.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Well I collected the car from Essex zero queue at the pumps unlike London!

I didn't realize my 4D plates were illegal as they had a red background so I decided to swap them for the originals and keep em as show plates, glad I did as I was tailed by traffic police on way home !

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
If your determined on lowering I'd say eibachs , TDI north do a package supplied and fitted and FRSU in one

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
If your determined on lowering I'd say eibachs , TDI north do a package supplied and fitted and FRSU in one
Yeah got the eibach 25mm on now, it’s the back end, want it lower. I sort of like how it rides now but want the arch’s sitting just on top of the tyres. I also want the tegiwa exhaust, but will annoy me knowing it’s 1 tail pipe than original 2 😂

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Well I got the japspeed system I really like it, I had the tegiwa exhaust I found it far to droney

The japspeed system comes up for sale time to time on ebay and can be had for cheap

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Well I got the japspeed system I really like it, I had the tegiwa exhaust I found it far to droney

The japspeed system comes up for sale time to time on ebay and can be had for cheap
Don’t want it raspy, if I can get it, want it deep and throaty, well as close to that as I can get it.

3561 - 3580 of 3649 Posts