2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
3581 - 3600 of 3650 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Unfortunately our civics tend to be raspy your better off getting a custom exhaust with a lifetime guarantee would work out cheaper

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Yeah got the eibach 25mm on now, it’s the back end, want it lower. I sort of like how it rides now but want the arch’s sitting just on top of the tyres. I also want the tegiwa exhaust, but will annoy me knowing it’s 1 tail pipe than original 2 😂
I thought yours looks really low with a 15mm drop, mines 20mm at the back so should sit lower. I know eibach do a 30mm drop, that's pretty low. This is how mines sits with the teins, any lower and speed bumps would become an issue.
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

These are ABP eibachs -30mm
Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

I'd say go for coilovers so you get get the ride height you want.

·
Registered
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
1,738 Posts
What’s a decent car seat as a replacement, don’t want to pay over £250-£300, current seat is still giving grief after all this time, so uncomfortable. I’m just putting up with it but it’s getting to the point it’s becoming unbearable. Think I need a seat with a wider back rest at the bottom. The seats dig into my back at the sides. I just want a seat that is straight replacement, no messing in out and in.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Tell ya now at 30mm you will get scraping also if you run spacers you will rub take it from me I had them

Hemminway there is no real solution for these seats the best u can do is get the seats from the 2.2 diesel or 1.8 they more comfortable but won't hug you on corners, that being said I'm a big lad and I find them comfy enough

Your other plan is to Google seat surgeons I don't think their mega far from you and they can retrim or adapt the seat to your liking

·
Super Moderator
4,137 Posts
What’s a decent car seat as a replacement, don’t want to pay over £250-£300, current seat is still giving grief after all this time, so uncomfortable. I’m just putting up with it but it’s getting to the point it’s becoming unbearable. Think I need a seat with a wider back rest at the bottom. The seats dig into my back at the sides. I just want a seat that is straight replacement, no messing in out and in.
if you can find the front seats from a TypeS they should fit and be more comfortable.
3 door car so rear access will be the same.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Check out the difference in quality between the kaizen manifold add the japspeed I just removed

That being said the japspeed manifold held up really well with zero issues, pound for pound and considering the sale prices on these on ebay I've seen them listed as low as 270 brand new delivered, can't beat that worked really well on a NA application without breaking the bank

@pjacksat55 any news on yours ?

Motor vehicle Watch Gas Auto part Human leg

Musical instrument Reed instrument Saxophone Brass instrument Wind instrument

·
Registered
527 Posts
Check out the difference in quality between the kaizen manifold add the japspeed I just removed

That being said the japspeed manifold held up really well with zero issues, pound for pound and considering the sale prices on these on ebay I've seen them listed as low as 270 brand new delivered, can't beat that worked really well on a NA application without breaking the bank

@pjacksat55 any news on yours ?

View attachment 321507

View attachment 321508
It's all fitted now, just been tweaking the map
Automotive exhaust Automotive tire Muffler Exhaust system Motor vehicle

Managed to get the heat shield below the gearstick back on.

Hood Light Grille Automotive lighting Automotive design

Everything fits nicely, no rattles and the heat shields are working well.
Got a fault from the secondary O2 sensor after 5 days (incorrect balance between the 2), but fitted a 90 degree extender last weekend and so far it's been good.
A lot more pull lower in the revs, just need to sort out the drone at 3500 rpm, but I've got a plan 😉
Yours looks different at the end that joins the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
if you can find the front seats from a TypeS they should fit and be more comfortable.
3 door car so rear access will be the same.
Just want the drivers, how much is the going rate, found one for around £135, that over priced. So every electric under seat is straight fitment? I’m going to buy type r cover to go over it.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Just want the drivers, how much is the going rate, found one for around £135, that over priced. So every electric under seat is straight fitment? I’m going to buy type r cover to go over it.
That just generic of eBay to say it won’t fit. I put details of my car, but says it won’t fit. 2005-2011 model type s

·
Registered
527 Posts
That just generic of eBay to say it won’t fit. I put details of my car, but says it won’t fit. 2005-2011 model type s
The only problems you may encounter with the seats is the safety bits like the airbags, it's possible the cars have a different setup or plug.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
The only problems you may encounter with the seats is the safety bits like the airbags, it's possible the cars have a different setup or plug.
Found this, seems somebody else having the same type of issues, I think it will fit the seat pretty well and hopefully help, if not then I don’t know what to do, will see.

·
Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
1,118 Posts
@JayR35 mate you should really consider making a thread on here and posting up all the work you're doing! I always log back on and am amazed at how much is being done 😄

·
Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
1,118 Posts
Found this, seems somebody else having the same type of issues, I think it will fit the seat pretty well and hopefully help, if not then I don’t know what to do, will see.
I felt the same way about the FN2 seats, they hold you really well in the corners but aren't the most comfortable for long trips

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I felt the same way about the FN2 seats, they hold you really well in the corners but aren't the most comfortable for long trips
Yeah, it’s a killer some days, I’m hoping it helps, coming from America. I just hope it helps because I don’t know what else to do, either change the seat or the car.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Too many examples to post but has anyone seen the dross on Facebook Market place?!

Can't find the link again but someone was selling a VW Scirocco with a space saver on the rear...

Some say it's a good place to buy and sell but there's so much rubbish on there. Worse than eBay even.

·
Registered
CW FK2R GT
882 Posts
Too many examples to post but has anyone seen the dross on Facebook Market place?!

Can't find the link again but someone was selling a VW Scirocco with a space saver on the rear...

Some say it's a good place to buy and sell but there's so much rubbish on there. Worse than eBay even.
Thankfully not mate aint touched anything of zuckerburgs evil empire for over a decade, its awesome :) whatsapp too, signal ftw! (y)

Reactions: Das
3581 - 3600 of 3650 Posts