2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
3841 - 3860 of 3991 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Yeah you been quiet for a bit, glad to see you good. How you find the climair, better than the heko. All that sweat and tears you went through to get the spoiler off. My fin on mine has bubbles so that’s to sort next year.
I have a itch to get some thing for the car, look wise but don’t know what, I haven’t got nowt for a few month.😂😂. I still have the rear gp in the box and still in two minds if to fit, Silver civic went past other day with one fitted and I’m like mmm, do I like. I do like the vented bonnet style that @JayR35 showed me. I’m the typical Yorkshire man. Want this and that but too tight to part with my money.
I have to buy our lad the thrustmaster TR300RS GT edition for Christmas as he wants another wheel. Bloody things expensive and that’s on off the cheapest, he wanted another at £600 odd, I was like no no no, half it, find one.
Go for the exhaust, what you got to lose, if you don’t like you can sell it on @ 25% discount of course😉😆
Yeah the climairs are much better, not so dark so doesn't block your view and not so fragile.
Yep it was a nightmare getting it off, couldn't remove the silicone from the boot lid of spoiler but I used the butyl strip to seal it back on, no leaks so far.
I miss the noise of the hks, but didn't like how it would feel flat sometimes due to heat soak. The tegiwa single exit exhaust looks tempting.

·
Registered
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
1,911 Posts
Yeah the climairs are much better, not so dark so doesn't block your view and not so fragile.
Yep it was a nightmare getting it off, couldn't remove the silicone from the boot lid of spoiler but I used the butyl strip to seal it back on, no leaks so far.
I miss the noise of the hks, but didn't like how it would feel flat sometimes due to heat soak. The tegiwa single exit exhaust looks tempting.
Yeah with the Black Friday deal and club discount it’s around 20% off, it’s not a bad deal for the CAI and cat back exhaust, £848 with the 15%, if you did get the extra 5% on top for club discount looking at £798 for both.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Yeah with the Black Friday deal and club discount it’s around 20% off, it’s not a bad deal for the CAI and cat back exhaust, £848 with the 15%, if you did get the extra 5% on top for club discount looking at £798 for both.
That's not bad at all, is that the carbon airbox? I went on their website the other day and didn't see any discounts.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Diddles glad to see your doing well mate, I was eyeballing the gruppe m intake myself all the noise and drama of the HKS with none of the heat soak buy zero heat soak but the price is eye watering

CAI is the way forward as long as you don't live in flood prone areas, the hybrid racing cai apparently has hudrolock protection but the Injen CAI is rated as one of the best but hey life full of risks

The exhaust is a good mod, think with exhaust and intake map is not really necessary but required but obvious if you want the best out of it map it

I've just got mine back, third time lucky 😆
Been advised that I should not do the K24 conversion with my charger set-up, basically been told that the larger engine displacement would cancel out the charger as it would boost less

So either do the Frankenstein conversion or stay charged one or the other lol

@Diddles1987 we still need to meet up bro I still got those brakes for you

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
@Hemingway1975 those two mods by the way a grand nearly, for 2k more, total 3k you get

Full K24 Frankenstein conversion
All machine work
New timing chain, gaskets and oils
Stage 3 clutch

Basically and engine refresh and these figures , and around 210ft-lb vs 142ft-lb which you have

For comparison mine doesn't pull as hard as the K24 until around 6000rpm or there abouts

Just saying 😎

·
Registered
CW FK2R GT
1,094 Posts
good bloody clean of our lads gaming pc. Now running a few degrees lower, I keep telling him to look after it and it will look after him. Look at the state of it.
View attachment 322252
OMFG 👍 it's that dusty due to negative pressure in the case mate ;) mines postive pressure 1 more exhaust fan than intake ;)

Electrical wiring Gas Computer hardware Machine Wood

Audio equipment Computer Personal computer Electronic instrument Computer hardware

Television set Wood Audio equipment Home appliance Gas

Entertainment Television set Audio equipment Display device Fun

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
OMFG 👍 it's that dusty due to negative pressure in the case mate ;) mines postive pressure 1 more exhaust fan than intake ;)

View attachment 322254

View attachment 322255

View attachment 322256

View attachment 322257
Possibly, mmm, two fans at the front and 2 on the top for the encased cooling, then 1 @ the back I’m presuming is the exhaust fan. I’m guess it’s not exhausting as quick as it’s pulling in and to much positive pressure is apparent. But he does play on the thing all day, Temps are good it’s just the dust collection, I’m guessing the vacuum pull is not sufficient then?
Purple Automotive lighting Violet Gas Electronic instrument

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Diddles glad to see your doing well mate, I was eyeballing the gruppe m intake myself all the noise and drama of the HKS with none of the heat soak buy zero heat soak but the price is eye watering

CAI is the way forward as long as you don't live in flood prone areas, the hybrid racing cai apparently has hudrolock protection but the Injen CAI is rated as one of the best but hey life full of risks

The exhaust is a good mod, think with exhaust and intake map is not really necessary but required but obvious if you want the best out of it map it

I've just got mine back, third time lucky 😆
Been advised that I should not do the K24 conversion with my charger set-up, basically been told that the larger engine displacement would cancel out the charger as it would boost less

So either do the Frankenstein conversion or stay charged one or the other lol

@Diddles1987 we still need to meet up bro I still got those brakes for you
Thanks mate. Yeah will definitely have to meet up soon, just need to find the time. I'll get the tegiwa exhaust next week and I'll keep the intake standard for now, maybe might look into a manifold and map in the future. I need to get all the other outstanding jobs done first, like undersealing and valve clearances!

Fingers crossed yours will be all good this time for long while, would love to go out in it when we meet up.

·
Registered
CW FK2R GT
1,094 Posts
Possibly, mmm, two fans at the front and 2 on the top for the encased cooling, then 1 @ the back I’m presuming is the exhaust fan. I’m guess it’s not exhausting as quick as it’s pulling in and to much positive pressure is apparent. But he does play on the thing all day, Temps are good it’s just the dust collection, I’m guessing the vacuum pull is not sufficient then?
View attachment 322258
looks like, ach ill just play with side open/off tbh, ;)
yep, you want 2 at front drawing cold air in (ideally with filters it reduces 90% of particulates) and the top rad fans blowing up out of the radiator out case and rear one exhausting (its sitting right wehre ambient heat rises from gpu RAMDAC), yes with the fans exhausting up through the rad youll add a coupel fo degrees to cpu temp but the radiator can handle it, how i have them also, ive not touched inside of my case in about 9 months ;) and its on 24/7 my founders gpu has a blower style cooler so bottom front 140mm runs higher to blow cooler air in. the psus at bottom of case. the top front is just to balance out the noise tbh they all same kind. I'm a big BeQuiet! fan (no pun intended lol) 280mm rad by them and all case fans and case is BeQuiet. there is 6 SSDs stashed in there :p big case :) Still to move over to a pair of nvme drives, probs bag them with a ram upgrade to 32Gb next month, still running 16gb of ddr3200, going to jump up to 3600 C16s, DDr4 4000 is too expensive for minimal gains with 11th gen i7k series.

good to see your a BeQuiet Rad user also :cool: decent kit, their cases are as well built mate, mine is quiet, the older 801, room for 3x140mm fans in front.

with 10 series founders reduction of heat is key, more i manage the higher it will clock ,it happily sits with 1Ghz on the mem clock ingames, and about 280mhz on core, sits around 2050mhz in winter, around 1987ish rest of year. Its a 6 year old beast :) 12Gb of GDDR5x onboard, so wish i had bought the EVGA AIO upgrade when it got offered.

Bequiet have just released their ARGB fans toying with 2 for the rad and pupping the 1500rpm non led for intakes tbh :p just wary about making it too in your face i like the subtleness of the strips hidden away atm, 2 shining down gently, on faceplate of the founders would be cool though show off the Nvidia laser cut.

i also got all the razer gear syncing with motherboard and argstrips, as well as philips hue bars behind case and 2 behind the 4K Nanocell TV :p 60/120hz :)

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Do you know when you know that something, that is happening at work, that is outta your control and is going to be completely shite and your not going to be completely happy. But I’m trying to stay positive and see how the outcome/future unfolds, I know it’s a little hazy what I have said, but life can try and **** you over and unsettle your mojo.🤬🤬🤬🤬

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Do you know when you know that something, that is happening at work, that is outta your control and is going to be completely shite and your not going to be completely happy. But I’m trying to stay positive and see how the outcome/future unfolds, I know it’s a little hazy what I have said, but life can try and **** you over and unsettle your mojo.🤬🤬🤬🤬
I know the feeling bro this is the issue when we work for others subject to ever changes rules and conditions

3841 - 3860 of 3991 Posts