2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
3861 - 3880 of 3944 Posts

·
Registered
night hawk black 09 FN2
113 Posts
Just sprayed the bolt with wd40 let that soak for a few days then take it into work Saturday morning to fit it, hopefully a bit of heat will shift the nuts.

Manifold and map next 🤔🤔
that's my plan also after Christmas just fitted the same exhaust about 2 months ago i would advise getting some nut extractors from screfix they where a life saver for the CAT nuts.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
that's my plan also after Christmas just fitted the same exhaust about 2 months ago i would advise getting some nut extractors from screfix they where a life saver for the CAT nuts.
Cheers I'll pick some up, did you have any fitting issues with yours, like hitting the chassis and knocking. I keep seeing in Dynodazes YouTube that they have to extended it by an inch to stopping it contacting the chassis.

·
Registered
night hawk black 09 FN2
113 Posts
only issue i had was getting the bolt to line up from the center section to the back box but managed to get them to line up (pry bar lol) i would say that i bolted it together in the wrong order but everything fits perfect doesn't knock on anything.

I've heard this also about having to extend but this only needs done if you go for a different manifold the tegiwa and OEM are straight fit but if you go Piper or Japspeed you might need to mod the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
only issue i had was getting the bolt to line up from the center section to the back box but managed to get them line up i would say that i bolted it together in the wrong order but everything fits perfect doesn't knock on anything.

I've heard this also about having to extend but this only needs done if you go for a different manifold the tegiwa and OEM are straight fit but if you go Piper or Japspeed you might need to mod the exhaust.
That's ok then, couldn't be dealing with a knocking exhaust. How do you find it the sound from it, not too annoying at motorway speeds?

·
Registered
night hawk black 09 FN2
113 Posts
I didn't want a loud exhaust witch its not but its loud when you want it to be motorways are fine cruising at 70 you can hear it but its not to loud im not getting any drone from it either

I had a buddy club spec 3 on my s2000 and you couldn't hear yourself think.

im very happy with it.

·
Registered
CW FK2R GT
1,080 Posts
Do you know when you know that something, that is happening at work, that is outta your control and is going to be completely shite and your not going to be completely happy. But I’m trying to stay positive and see how the outcome/future unfolds, I know it’s a little hazy what I have said, but life can try and **** you over and unsettle your mojo.🤬🤬🤬🤬
When I have days like that I find think of payday n kill some randoms on bf when home :)

Oh and crystal meth........joke 😁

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Bet you excited like a little kid, I get like that when I know goodies are coming for my car.🤣🤣
Haha you are correct 🤣 I haven't brought an exhaust since my 2nd car my old Vectra 2.2 Sri. That thing shot flames, straight through powerflow with no cat, I don't ever want an exhaust that loud again!

Attachments

·
Registered
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
1,897 Posts
Haha you are correct 🤣 I haven't brought an exhaust since my 2nd car my old Vectra 2.2 Sri. That thing shot flames, straight through powerflow with no cat, I don't ever want an exhaust that loud again!
Ha, I had that model but gls, when I thought I should grow up after the civic and had a kid, didn’t last long though, I bought coupe 8 month later, always wanted the gen up 2.2sri or vxr but didn’t like the exhaust rear pipe on vxr as they just looked like they where hanging in fresh air and looked weird

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Ha, I had that model but gls, when I thought I should grow up after the civic and had a kid, didn’t last long though, I bought coupe 8 month later, always wanted the gen up 2.2sri or vxr but didn’t like the exhaust rear pipe on vxr as they just looked like they where hanging in fresh air and looked weird
I had a kid at 19, brought that car at the same time, spent £4000 on it and £4000 on insurance, not the smartest thing to do with a new born and no money 🤦‍♂️ 11 years later and 12 more cars, I've settled with the civic. Everyone at work says I must like it as I've had it more than a year 🤣

3861 - 3880 of 3944 Posts