2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1101 - 1120 of 1555 Posts

·
Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
555 Posts
I can use my ramp at work 😎 I'm waiting on @Rover3 to give his feedback on the bilt hamber UB!
Unfortunately I only have a couple jacks and some jack stands that barely raise it high enough 😆 @JayR35 I'm loving the idea of going over there and using some proper ramps, would make it sooo much easier lol. We'll have to sort out when to go. I've got 3 Dynax UB, 3 Dynax S50 and some atom Mac.
The atom Mac btw also eliminates the rusty brakes you get when washing, just spray some diluted atom Mac on the discs (it's water based, no oil) and voila!

·
Premium Member
2009 FN2 Type R
242 Posts
I want the underside sealed too, did buy UV and UB for my last car, but it got wrecked before it got done, I am on the backfoot with what I wanted to do, due to the cash lost on the last car and current personal circumstance, but it is what it is :/ Have been looking for ramp space to rent near me, but nothing, it seems to be around larger cities.

·
Registered
410 Posts
There are quite a few places that underseal cars professionally, by that I mean removing all undertrays/archliner exhaust etc, they then wire brush all surface rust followed by a through wash/dry and then use hi quality undercoating, if its not done right and you have any moisture traps then car will rot under the coating, mine had minor surface rust when I had the brake pads changed, when I do get it undersealed will use a professional.

·
Registered
410 Posts
There are quite a few places that underseal cars professionally, by that I mean removing all undertrays/archliner exhaust etc, they then wire brush all surface rust followed by a through wash/dry and then use hi quality undercoating, if its not done right and you have any moisture traps then car will rot under the coating, mine had minor surface rust when I had the brake pads changed, when I do get it undersealed will use a professional.
Oh yes and they treat any rust before hand and also inject sills etc.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I hear you bro but how would you trust they did it right ? For example if they threw alot of underseal under there you wouldn't know any better

Unless they can show me a vid or I stand there

·
Registered
410 Posts
I hear you bro but how would you trust they did it right ? For example if they threw alot of underseal under there you wouldn't know any better

Unless they can show me a vid or I stand there
They video the process and pass it onto you, this place that I was looking at they have very good reviews and a lot of expensive classics done by them, believe me I'm very picky and watch whilst my car maintenance is carried out!

·
Registered
966 Posts
They video the process and pass it onto you, this place that I was looking at they have very good reviews and a lot of expensive classics done by them, believe me I'm very picky and watch whilst my car maintenance is carried out!
I bet that would cost in the thousands!

·
Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
555 Posts
@Rover3 if your up for it we can go bro , money is no object for a critical job like this
Absolutely, I'm 100% going to do this 👌 Not only will the ramps help with access but also to remove all the under trays and panels.
I want the underside sealed too, did buy UV and UB for my last car, but it got wrecked before it got done, I am on the backfoot with what I wanted to do, due to the cash lost on the last car and current personal circumstance, but it is what it is :/ Have been looking for ramp space to rent near me, but nothing, it seems to be around larger cities.
Where are you situated mate?
From what I've managed to find researching this is that any rubberized underseal can trap moisture or create pockets for moisture to form, leading to the entire underside rotting away. The Bilt Hamber products are oil based and are breathable, you could apply them to a wet underside and it won't form rust (but won't work either) I'll see if I can find that video that demonstrates that oil based coatings are safe. If this was a tar like rubberized undercoating I'd avoid it like the plague, even professionally done.

·
Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
555 Posts
That would be the route I'd ideally want to take so long as I knew what products where used but I'm guessing this wouldn't be cheap, especially considering for around £50 you could do it yourself. I also have serious issues trusting other people to do work on my car after some previous experiences lol

·
Registered
410 Posts
That would be the route I'd ideally want to take so long as I knew what products where used but I'm guessing this wouldn't be cheap, especially considering for around £50 you could do it yourself. I also have serious issues trusting other people to do work on my car after some previous experiences lol
I have been using the same trusted garage for over 12 years, a lot of people out there who are very dishonest.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Ok I had a rear brake bulb out and rear left tail light

I've managed to remove the rear tailight will pick one up tomorrow

Two questions

1) how on earth do I get rid of these left over marks from the netting !

2)

Am I missing a bulb here? If so what goes there as the passenger side rear is missing? It's next to the sidelight?

1101 - 1120 of 1555 Posts