2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1541 - 1560 of 3379 Posts

·
Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
1,086 Posts
Well today I was going to replace the roof rubber, until I took a photo in 4k.......

View attachment 319701
View attachment 319702
The black line is tape the previous owner put on to try to stop the rubbing, to the naked eye the lacquer pitting looks like a scratch :/ I was going to just Hydrate 80 then paint some Dynax on top, under where the seal would sit, now it looks like a respray. Only other alternative is get it wrapped for now, but that will pray on my OCD 🤣 🤣 I really dread looking at the paint on these cars .....
That was exactly how my ENTIRE roof was on my FN2 a while back. I just thought it was resprayed sometime ago and whoever did it did a piss poor job, guess maybe not.

I wet sanded the whole roof and then resprayed with a 2K clear coat (sort of work). Just another reminder that Honda doesn't know how to make their paint last!

·
Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
1,086 Posts
I think your right mate I get tempted but think I need to get a grip and hold out I swap out cars so often

Problem is though I don't save I continue spending on the FN lol
Like my family tell me, I "have a disease" becuase I keep spending money and time on my cars. My brother jokes around by saying he'll hold an intervention for my addiction 😆
Sounds like to me you've already made up your mind mate. If this was before I bought my FK8 I'd jump on the opportunity to buy yours, unfortunately I've filled my quota this year for financial mistakes :ROFLMAO:

I just know though that even if you got an fk2 it would only be a matter of time before you modified it! :cool:
If that's what you want to do mate, go for it 👍

·
Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
1,086 Posts
Have you tried Woolite for the seats?
I've found alcantara to be rather tricky to clean. I've tried oh so many products including woolite. Just ordered some sonax alcantara cleaner to give it a go. I've never been to happy with the results of anything I've tried but I'll let you know how it goes 👍

·
Registered
617 Posts
@Rover3

That's what my mrs says if you buy Fk2 you will continue to spend out modding, you've already spent so much time and money on this car stick with it and continue modding it

Hmmm. Think that's what il do , about to put in order for these ....

View attachment 319703
What ever you do for a living can I work with you please 😲😲
What ever you do for a living can I work with you please 😲😲
😂

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
It's all juggling financial commitments diddles, I sold my place moved in with Mrs she earns a healthy packet aswell

I cleared the remaining payments on the GP just now

now getting the calipers, infinitude driveshafts, some stop tech discs & pads , 0% over 12 months , works out to under 170 a month, I normally tend to clear the balance within 6 months on a big purchase like this

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I literally cut alot of things namely things like Sky, TV licence, we already pay and mainly watch YouTube and Netflix. I switch bank accounts to collect rewards like those automatic switch guarantee deals where they pay you 150-200 to switch, home cooking more eating out less. Switching from cigs to tobacco (my only bad habit) I don't drink, party or buy designer clothes. I don't do big holidays but I do eat well bro but don't get my wrong rather have Tesco value beans over Heinz and supermarket own brands

Basically funds towards the car which I don't skimp on lol

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I literally cut alot of things namely things like Sky, TV licence, we already pay and mainly watch YouTube and Netflix. I switch bank accounts to collect rewards like those automatic switch guarantee deals where they pay you 150-200 to switch, home cooking more eating out less. Switching from cigs to tobacco (my only bad habit) I don't drink, party or buy designer clothes. I don't do big holidays but I do eat well bro but don't get my wrong rather have Tesco value beans over Heinz and supermarket own brands

Yeah my missus smokes straights and they are stupid money now, I stopped smoking and just vape now, but yeah I'm the same don't drink, don't party, do like a holiday but doesn't help that I pay all the bills in the house and mobile phone bills. I need to keep off Amazon buying pointless bits and bobs.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
We all fall foul of that get her on rollies, on straights I was doing 10-12 quid daily, tally that over the month or the year it's eye watering

Now I must spend 40-50 a month tops on tobacco as their not ready made you tend to smoke less

·
Registered
617 Posts

👍.

·
Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
1,086 Posts

I'm the exact same mate. I'm pretty stingy when it comes to spending money (unless it's car related, obviously). I used to smoke a pack and a half a day, switched to vaping although that's still wasted money. You'll never catch me wearing designer brands or eating at a fancy restaurant because it just doesn't speak to me. I tend to rationalize large purchases only when it comes to the car 😆

·
Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
1,086 Posts
It's all juggling financial commitments diddles, I sold my place moved in with Mrs she earns a healthy packet aswell

I cleared the remaining payments on the GP just now

now getting the calipers, infinitude driveshafts, some stop tech discs & pads , 0% over 12 months , works out to under 170 a month, I normally tend to clear the balance within 6 months on a big purchase like this

View attachment 319704
This is starting to become a serious build! You're doing pretty much everything I said I wanted to do with mine but chickened out becuase it seemed like a big headache, I salute you sir 👏

1541 - 1560 of 3379 Posts