2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

161 - 180 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
773 Posts
Their nothing inside the clip to suggest that this is a non return valve, wouldn’t that be closer to the filter?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Its been stressing me out since I noticed it, over a year now. 😭 I didn't notice it at first but I think the previous owner didn't clean it as much as I would, a few bird poo etchings and these weird marks mainly on the flat surfaces and above the doors, so what ever it caused it came down from above. You can't really notice the marks when it's out of the sun.
Looks a bit like the micro dots that you get when a car is buffed using g3 compound, wash the area and try some Claybar it might remove them?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Looks a bit like the micro dots that you get when a car is buffed using g3 compound, wash the area and try some Claybar it might remove them?
I tried to clay and machine polish them, no luck. Will need a repaint 😭, now the car has a day of dust on it you cant see them. They are only noticeable up close, but I'm not happy with them.

I've got my original bonnet in my garage, I might give it a wet sand and then machine polish it to see if they can be removed.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I tried to clay and machine polish them, no luck. Will need a repaint 😭, now the car has a day of dust on it you cant see them. They are only noticeable up close, but I'm not happy with them.

I've got my original bonnet in my garage, I might give it a wet sand and then machine polish it to see if they can be removed.
View attachment 318698
lol @ the boxing gloves protecting the tips of the bonnet, hope they're not too cheesy!! 🧀

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I've deferred putting on the supercharger for now and decided to send it off for a quick service and clean up before bolting on this was on advice received and since it's not on the car at the moment it's probably for the best for longer term reliability, I'm looking at 7-10 day turnaround

@Hemingway1975 I agree with wilmo with regards to the gel badges there cheap easy to put on can be removed if you don't like em

I'm not to sure however with a silver FN if that red grill would look good

·
Registered
673 Posts
@Diddles1987 I've got my eye on this, il be getting this once I sort few other bits out, since my exhaust triangles are knackered and clonking about may be a good replacement.

View attachment 318704
Yeah I've been looking at them too, at least a different front splitter as I think the Fugen spoiler looks better against different front and rear splitters, but I'll wait till I've paid of my spoiler to think about any more mods, unless a Tegiwa airbox comes up really cheap.

·
Registered
773 Posts
@Diddles1987 I've got my eye on this, il be getting this once I sort few other bits out, since my exhaust triangles are knackered and clonking about may be a good replacement.

View attachment 318704
I don’t know if I like this I’m very undecided. It doesn’t seem to flow with the car. It just seems to cut the wheel arch nearly half way up. Maybe it’s because it’s not colour coded and once it’s all painted It will look and fit in better🤔

·
Registered
773 Posts
do you think this grill and badge will look silly, badge in milano red
View attachment 318703
If I had the
do you think this grill and badge will look silly, badge in milano red
View attachment 318703
Think that’s a no then lol, just ordered rear OEM badge to tidy up rear. Looking at replacing the front lights also from cox, only £90 odd each, I don’t think the lights will polish up. It’s the only components that have seen deterioration quite a bit at the front, off stone chips etc, it looks like I have been driving through a sand storm for a few days because the lights look peppered.

·
Registered
673 Posts
If I had the

Think that’s a no then lol, just ordered rear OEM badge to tidy up rear. Looking at replacing the front lights also from cox, only £90 odd each, I don’t think the lights will polish up. It’s the only components that have seen deterioration quite a bit at the front, off stone chips etc, it looks like I have been driving through a sand storm for a few days because the lights look peppered.
I replaced mine, polished them up first, then started to fade again, then one started to let in water so just replaced them both.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
What's the deal on cleaning products these days? I understand the game has moved on since polishing and waxing?

As they sell all sorts of things like ceramic coating and other hybrid coating that promises to last far longer than other conventional waxes.

·
i-Vtec
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #179 ·
I understand the game has moved on since polishing and waxing?
Rubbish. Ceramic blah blah blah. If something isnt broke why fix it? Hey im not anti "Progress" but I believe in what works works. Im an AutoGlym user, have been since they sold things in small boxes, but they are selling Ceramic coatings that will work for 6 months(thier words)....... How is that any better than the BH Double Speed wax I use that gives me an honest 3 months protection for £14 as opposed to £45. Ceramic detailing Sprays last no more than a month for £20. And anyway you still need to polish the paint before any LSP is applied. Sorry im happy with wax, and you don't need to spend a fortune either.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
The company that did mine offered me 3yr guarantee to come out and redo job if it fades i think by the very nature of these lights they fade over time

161 - 180 of 353 Posts