2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys, i have the same problem with a civic r18a2
Doing the same identical tests as SVILEN DI
Having another identical engine and after exchanging all the sensors I decided to put the engine block underneath.
result?
At 2500-3000 rpm comes the same problem (and I'm sure the engine mounted on a civic sedan fd7 worked great)
Then the problem and the wiring harness, I found another error in the body computer, that is, the lack of CAM fast communication.
So I decided to disassemble the front of the machine to see if some wiring was damaged.
Until today I have not found any solutions (they are 7 months that I have the car here)
I was hoping to find help here in the forum .. I have perfectly understood that are very rare problems to solve.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Hi Davide,

I have (probably) managed to solve this. I'm not having any check engine flash lights or random misfire error codes from almost 3 months now. Car is running just fine now, my mechanic said he cleaned (once again) all 4 injectors and it seems to work perfectly. Only thing that I had occasionally was the tank sensor not showing correctly after having filled up 10-20 litters (was showing still the same amount of fuel in the red zone, like I haven't filled anything). So we were thinking the problem (random misfire) may be related to the fuel filter as it may infect the whole fuel flow and additionaly the fuel tank sensor is also laying on it. Hope that helps!

·
Administrator
18,052 Posts
hi svilen,
yeah,i change 2 pump(complete with pressur regulator)..no results
i leave the fk3 in the scrapyard..this is the end:smile3:
I've just seen your other post about jump starting/immobiliser lock out.

Also beware that if you whack the dashboard too hard (in frustration) then you may well trip the fuel cut off switch, under the drivers side dashboard ;) - this can easily be reset, check the forum for a quick 'How To' guide.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've just seen your other post about jump starting/immobiliser lock out.

Also beware that if you whack the dashboard too hard (in frustration) then you may well trip the fuel cut off switch, under the drivers side dashboard ;) - this can easily be reset, check the forum for a quick 'How To' guide.
oh thanks,

·
Registered
1 Posts
maybe wiring

I have the same problem ( EU civic - same engine R18a ) i went to electrician an he find an engine cuts of at 3500 rpm ( when normal engine mode starts ) but i dont want to search more becouse he said it could cost 250€ +.... so there is a suggestion - something interrupts the ignition when engine came to first vtec point ( from eco mode to normal engine mode ) this is about 3500 rpm..... maybe someone find this error and tell us more about... my mechanic said it was something on wiring or ecu ( becouse i have LPG installed )

sorry for my english i am from slovenia ( Europe )

i hope this post will help.

greets

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,
I know this is an old thread but hoping if anybody was successful in solving this problem. I have exact same issue with my 2009 Honda stream rn6 using same R18A engine as the civic. Misfire on all 4 cylinders during idie when holding 3.5k rpm.
Most of the mechanical checks suggested here done execpt ECU which is what workshop plan to do next. Btw i am from Singapore so pardon me if my English is not perfect
Car response also seems affected as doesn't accelerate smoothly most times. Seems to have lethargic pick up and affecting the fuel consumption. But on rare occasion it can be quite responsive for few days then seem to slowly get lethargic again.
Hope someone can help point to correct direction to fix this issue
Thanks

41 - 48 of 48 Posts