2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I open my boot after it has not been opened for a while (for example over night) there is a strange squeak that sounds like it is coming from somewhere near the top of the boot lid. It almost sounds like some rubber is sticking somewhere if that makes sense?

Any ideas? :confused:

·
Registered
629 Posts
I have the same thing replaced my struts still there now stumped I think it may be the rubber slightly sticking rub a light wd40 or it or DFL (dry film lubricant)

Sent from my T02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
282 Posts
You can spray around the rubber seal but only use silicon spray to avoid damaging the rubber, the wiring loom comes through near the roof line just check that is ok as well. Toolstation stores have silicon spray at a good price it can be used on all doors in winter to prevent your door rubber freezing and it also lubricates the slides on the sunroof blind.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
i'm a big fan of silicon spray. I tend to use it on some kitchen roll to lube seals (saves overspray). If it's the top of the boot lid, something silly like the hinge itself? again, silicon spray would help but probably better with spray grease that'll stick around a bit longer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts