2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some advice folks, I've been experiencing a bit of a squeal from my 2.2 diesel Civic which I initially thought sounds like dirt/stone trapped in my brakes however I then noticed its doing it not when I brake but when I'm driving along.

I did wonder if it might be a belt making the noise as it seems to be happening sporadically and not when I'm doing anything in particular... just looking for any pointers before I take it into the dealer to take a look.

·
Tormented by Mods
388 Posts
It sounds like a stone trapped behind the heat sheild on your brake disc its quite common this time of year due to gritters and loose road surfaces you wont be able to see it but it will rub making a squealin/grinding noise when the wheel is moving regardless of speed dealer will remove your wheel and just loosen the plate.

sent from the better then the iphone... SAMSUNG Galaxy s2

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
I had a similar problem. Check your brakes, they may be near gone. This is Honda's way of saying new pads are required. I changed mine, and the sound never came back. However, I could be wrong.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a similar problem. Check your brakes, they may be near gone. This is Honda's way of saying new pads are required. I changed mine, and the sound never came back. However, I could be wrong.
I'll get it looked at, I know the rear pads were replaced in March/April just before I bought the car but I suspect this noise is coming from the front end of the car.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I have the same problem, the "squeal" is totally random and stops when I brake, I thought its got to be a brake pad/disc issue however I did have new tyres fitted last week...could it be related?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts